Lily Pad Lake Trail

Lily Pad Lake Trail is a 3.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Silverthorne, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Colorado Tourism Office, 1625 Broadway, Suite 1700 , Denver, CO, 80202, Phone: 800-COLORADO

Perfect for those who are not serious hikers. Beautiful lake at the end of the trail.

Fun hike not too challenging except we didn't realize it was an out and back and ended up on Meadow Creek as we didn't turn around. We had to turn around and come back up (which was difficult) as we were not near our car. It ended up being much longer but fun.

Great easy trail that ends with a beautiful lake & view!

This was a fun trail and the views are gorgeous. We went on a Wednesday morning at 8:30am and saw 7 or 8 other groups/couples on the way down so I imagine it’s busy on the weekends.
I recommend a hiking stick as the footing was slippery in places.
I also think we parked and entered at a different start point because our total round trip was 4.5 miles.

It was a nice trail and the lily pad lake was neat. But the foliage wasn't crazy green, in fact, a lot of the area looks like it was burned in a fire 10 years or so ago. But luckily mostly at the beginning of the trail.

Worth going and not intense, but not the most beautiful for the drive out.

Not a bad trail. Definitely steeper and rockier than some reviews suggest. It was nice and wooded, keeping the trail cool even at the end of August. The lake was smaller and less impressive than I expected. Still a nice hike that I would do again.

Awesome first day hike

Fairly easy trail with a beautiful lake at the end and beautiful wooded scenery as you hike. The foot bridges and rocky terrain were favorites for the kids. However, we had read it was just over 3 miles out and back and per our fit bit, it was actually closer to 4.5 miles which was a bit too long for our 3 and 5 year old.

Great hike with beautiful views of Dillon Reservoir. Hiked with wife, 5yo and 2yo. Kids were wiped out at the end. A little rocky in some spots which was hard for the kids but they loved the foot bridges.

Perfect hike for my family... the views along the trail are stunning! My 12 year old and 9 year old weren't the least bit challenged... very kid friendly.

my kids (13 and 17) and I loved this hike. a decent challenge, gorgeous scenery, wildlife sightings and lots of exploring.

Nice, easy hike. Was a bit more steep than I imagined, but a good easy exercise. Pretty lake at the end to rest/have lunch. Can tell the chipmunks are fed often because they were overly friendly, but otherwise enjoyable.

very nice way to spend a couple of hours with the dog.

Good hike for family and kids. Steep gravel road at the start is the toughest part. Easy after that. Nice flowers, streams, and lake at the end.

This is a pretty good hike for children and families. The first time I did this hike in the evening during the fall and spotted a moose. The moose seemed unbothered by a few hikers in the area. This trail is highly trafficked and there are two ways to get to the Lily Pad Lake. You can come from Frisco or Silverthorne. Typically hikers hike in and hike out. With two cars I hiked from Silverthorne near the Buffalo Mtn Trailhead to Frisco near the 1st Frisco exit from Silverthorne. Getting to the lake filled with lily pads is exhilarating and then to the west further on you see another lake not covered in lily pads. I followed further to the southwest and went down the path over to Frisco.

If you're looking for something pretty easy, lowkey, and peaceful, this is a decent trail. There are some steep uphill areas but nothing too difficult. You won't find a spectacular view at the end, but there's a nice lake where you can sit and enjoy the quietness, and maybe have a picnic.

This is a stunningly beautiful hike, just a quick drive up the hill from I-70 as it passes through Silverthorne. My wife and I were comparing the lush greens to some of West Coast hikes. A few log bridges to cross, and some rough rock/root spots in the first third. After that, it is fairly smooth hiking with the expected ups and downs. Don't stop at the first lily pad pond, even though it alone is worth the trip. Keep going a bit longer to find the actual lake and its wonderful views. Kid friendly, and dog approved.

Two moose hanging out trailside about 15min into the hike at 5p yesterday

Easy- quick hike. Nothing mind-blowing.

This is a great hiking trail. Took about 2 hours to go all the way to the end where the lake is but I am also 7 mths pregnant and had a 4 year old AND stopped for tons of pictures along the way! Great nature photo opportunities! I would recommend taking a lunch to eat when you get to the lake...we spent a good hour just enjoying the lily pad lake area! FYI.. lots of rocky terrain making for pretty unstable path but very doable doable still. If wanting more flat terrain path..don't do this one!