Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Lily Pad Lake Trail

Lily Pad Lake Trail is a 3.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Silverthorne, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Colorado Tourism Office, 1625 Broadway, Suite 1700 , Denver, CO, 80202, Phone: 800-COLORADO

38 minutes ago

This was a great trail for a short afternoon hike. The terrain wasn't too difficult and the reward at the end was definitely worth it. We made it to the first pond covered in Lily pads, and thought that was it, but someone was kind enough to tell us to climb up over the nearby hill. The lake was beautiful and there were chipmunks everywhere. Great spot for a picnic lunch.

We didn’t make it past the second incline. Snow shoes are needed for now and we weren’t outfitted. Looked beautiful! Was my 2.5 year olds first hike (on my back). We were exhausted climbing out of the knee deep holes.

it was such a beautiful day to take this trail ! yaktraks were still needed but the snow is melting fast! such a serene and quiet place to relax and take in the breathtaking views of the peaks! great spot to bring a hammock and hang for awhile ! love this trail and will certainly be back to see the lake completely defrosted !

Recommended for anyone in the Silverthorne area looking for an easier snowshoeing/hiking outing. Very well used trail so you’ll probably run into other users on nice days. Good mountain views and woodsy scenery. Snowshoed this trail on February 20th. Would do again.

Nice packed trail even though it snowed more than 40in in the last week. Nice trail markers throughout the hike. Snowshoes are needed at this time. 10/10 would recommend! f

Great family outing near where we were staying. Not too strenuous for my wife’s first time snowshoeing. No deadfall issues. We will come back again.

The trail is covered in snow. It was perfect for snowshoeing and we even passed some people on skiis, due to the more packed snow on trails some people were even hiking it without snowshoes. The trail is perfect incline/flat for snowshoeing and I would definitely hike this trail again. It weaves in and out of trees and is very enjoyable.

This is a great trail for anyone looking for easy snowshoeing routes. It has gentle inclines and declines, with great views! Great place, easy to drive to the trail head.

Perfect day for snowshoeing! We called it a rollercoaster trail because of the ups and downs but it was a great short hike with the pup!

Really enjoyed this hike! It consists of rolling hills. I used snowshoes but probably could have just used cleats.

Easy and fun hike with some great fews.

Very quiet and beautiful with lots of snow

Beautiful!

Frisco trailhead to the lake and back. Absolutely gorgeous snowshoe hike. Met two moose on the way.

This is not easy if you are not in shape. I was ok but a relative was not. It’s a beautiful hike with an ending at a snow covered lake!

hiked this on Saturday 10/27 with a friend and puppy. we are in shape, but took our time. 3.5 miles round trip in an hour and 45 minutes. great views at start and end along with shadowy fields of pine trees. limited parking at wildernest start on a weekend.

Hiked this on Monday, after a snowfall from the weekend. You get great views of several different ranges on a very easy, well-marked trail. I've hiked all over this damn state but this was my first moose sighting! A mother and baby grazing right at the trailhead. The trail does not require spikes as of 10/15/18.

Easy hike, beautiful views. Perfect morning hike, loved the forest views. The lake was picturesque.

Loved every part of this hike. Of coarse I’m from flat Dallas, TX and this was my first hike of my trip out here. Beautiful, minimal traffic.

Great easy hike! I did this in fall and the changing colors of the trees was very beautiful. You can algo get spectacular views of the Dillon, Silverthorne area. Good for families!

Had a wonderful morning hike to Lily Pad lake. It was easy to take my dog (leashed) and there were some moose in the first pond on the trail.

Amazing views and we got to see moose who were out and about

We snowshoed and it was a lovely hike, as described.

Great easy trail, all the elevation is at the trailhead. Nice pines and watch for the chipmunks.

Lots of different things to see and changing landscape. Long range view, meadows, woods, small ponds, streams to cross, and two beautiful lakes at the end. Lilly pad covered lake is first, then the larger lake right after. Perfect place to stop for a snack or lunch. We didn’t get to see any moose, unfortunately. I would also say this is a moderate trail due to the inclines and lots of trip hazard areas with large rocks and roots, but I was able to hike this with a 3.5 month old in an Ergo carrier, plus a 6 year old.

Great trail, good for the whole family. A little steep part in the beginning but then easy.

Perfect for a short day, always beautiful and green!

Easy trail through the woods to the lake after a steep climb at the trailhead.

Hiked this trail as a kid with my family and now as an adult it is still a favorite. Such a great combination of tree cover and open space with a couple little water crossings. You can make it more difficult by picking up your pace but it’s great for all levels.