Lily Mountain Trail

Lily Mountain Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Estes Park, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Directions from Estes Park: Go south on Hwy 7 about 5.8 miles. Just before the 6 mile marker there is a small pull-off area by the trailhead sign. Be careful because parking space is limited and the pull-off sits just off busy Hwy 7.

Climbed Friday 11/30/18 - Incredible views for such a quick and easy hike! I regularly climb high peaks but this time of year I enjoy the smaller mountains when the weather is cold and brutal up high. Just a dusting of snow low on the mountain but increases to several inches higher up. I'd recommend microspikes for extra traction. There's a very short scramble on the summit block where you have to make a few class 3 moves on snow covered rock so you'll appreciate the extra traction.

Did this one in September great fall colors
Trail wasn’t the most inspiring

Windy but lovely! Hard packed snow and ice in spots but manageable in boots. Micro spikes are a nice-to-have but not a need-to-have. Started around 8:30am and didn’t see another person on the trail until half way back down (only 7 people total). Too cloudy for views but still a nice workout.

Moderate hike, great views, a likelihood of seeing wildlife. Free!

I hiked to Lily Mountain on 11/3 and walked through a winter wonderland! There was only one group ahead of me on the trail and I am grateful for their footprints! In the snow this was certainly a bit more work but still a beautiful trail! I would certainly recommend having micro spikes, especially once you get closer to the top. The scramble at the top was worth the whole hike. I would recommend leaving your backpack or whatever towards the bottom of the scramble so you aren't off-balance as you climb up. There are a few spots i lost the trail, but found my way back to it. Having the map on the app was helpful!

Beautiful views at the top make this worth it. The hike itself is pretty and a decent quick workout, but there are prettier hikes in the park if you have limited time. I did this one with my dog since dogs aren’t allowed to hike in the park. It is a dry trail with no water sources for the pups, fyi. Wasn’t very crowded during the week. No bugs that I saw.

The scramble at the top was too much for a 3 year old but maybe we'll do it again in a few years.

Great hike with our dogs. Beautiful views!

Beautiful...the rocks at the top were definitely intimidating!

This was our first hike as a family, we brought our corgi and our 7 month old, who’s name happens to be Lily!! My husband wore Lily strapped to his chest in one of those baby carriers, and our dog was able to come along too! If your pooch doesn’t like climbing, this hike is not for them, parts of it can be a bit rocky, especially nearer the top. I thought the hike was perfect for our family!! Beautiful views. Not too short, not too long. Easy to find. Roadside parking. Remember to bring plenty of water and leave the trail in better condition than how you found it!! :)

There’s a great 360 degree view waiting for you at the top. Pack a lunch and enjoy the view!

Gets slightly tougher towards the summit but the views are totally worth the hike. Moderate difficulty for some stunning views.

First time hike for my brother and I both. We went June 20th 2018 and the weather couldn't have been better. We took our time and really enjoyed the trail and everything along the way. The rock scramble at the top may seem discouraging but do not let that stop you, the amazing 360 view at the top is worth every bit of effort!!! Highly recommend this trail!

Great first hike in estes. Amazing views at the top. Pretty easy to navigate the entire route. Saw a lot of dogs on the trail. Weird bugs at the top but none on the trail. Good spot if you want to get a quick hike in.

Great views but it seems like every other time I do this hike I'm swarmed by bugs. they're only at the top- nowhere else!:-). if you like this hike you'd also like Old man Mountain near Estes Park. It's very short and very steep but a really fun rock scramble and has views almost as good as Lily Mountain.

Great hike! Nice places to climb! Easy access and not heavily trafficked!

Amazing views! Bring water and make sure your dog is cool with getting over boulders - we all loved it!

Beautiful views at the top however, we would not recommend for first time hikers or for the first Rocky Mountain hike. We recommend choosing a trail which leads to water as you will more than likely see the same mountain view along the way. Also, would not recommend you bring your dog unless they have climbed a mountain before.

One of my favorite hikes. Did this one on mother's day. Short but a little tough mountain. The view is amazing at the top!!

lovely little hike. My 7 year olds first summit. I give it 5 stars because there is a little scrambling at the top which is fun but safe. And the views are awesome for the type of altitude you are at. In other words no trees obfuscating the view of the Dimond and other mountains surrounding.

Beautiful hike that took just a couple of hours, our dog also loved it.

My children really enjoyed this trail! It was a nice trail for them to participate in.

Great hike ! We started the hike in the morning and it took us about two hours to get to the top . Most of it was pretty mild except for the very top . The last few feet you have to rock scramble to get amazing views . We spotted a bear a little off the trail on the way back . Our dog also loved it :)

Hiked this morning for the first time. It def is moderate as you gain elevation steadily and it is higher elevation the the front range. Views from the top are epic. High wind gusts today. Had the top to ourselves for 15 min before next crowd arrived. Based on their reviews of it being well populated we felt lucky to have no humans around. On way out spotted deer. Trailhead starts at 8780 elevation and highest point is 9786’

Hiked this trail on 6/6. We started a little later than we would have liked. It was warm and sunny. It took us 2 hours to hike up and only an hour to come down. We took a lot of brakes in shade to cool down. We were not acclimated to the elevation and needed to catch our breath as well. There are several spur trails on the way up, but there are limbs blocking those trails so be mindful not to get lost. Nice views of Estes Park on the way up. There is a sign near the summit that says "trail" pointing to the right. It is not really a trail, but a lot of boulders with several options to scramble through to reach the summit. Honestly, you just have to make your own way through. And though you start on your right, you need to switch back to the left to reach the summit. The 360 view at the top is spectacular and well worth every uphill step we took. Please note that there is nothing between you and falling off the mountain. There is not much room for more than 2 people to view the summit at a time.

hiked this trail last summer and we will probably go back this summer. beautiful views the whole way up. dont get fooled there is a false summet so make sure to follow the arrows on the trail. it was really steep getting to the very top of the mountain but So So worh it! I will probably leave my dogs at home next time since the trail was So busy.

Relatively easy hike with an amazing view. Would climb over and over again!

Awesome hike for a beginner such as me.

View at the top is worth it. 360 degree mountain view. Climb up can be strenous as I found myself taking more breaks than I normally do but the descent was very fast lol.

Good hike you can do with your dogs in the Estes area.