Learn more

Lily Mountain Trail is a 4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Estes Park, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.0 miles Elevation Gain: 1,282 feet Route Type: Out & Back

rock climbing

The view from the top is absolutely incredible, making the steep climb every bit worth it at the end. Depending on the time of year, the top can be icy and slippery so come prepared with traction or poles.

Super easy to get off trail, and we did nearly right away. Once we found the cairns we were good to go...the rule of “don’t go over any logs” was helpful. Definitely a bit of a scramble to the top but an easy one.

It was a great hike! There are some spots that the Cairns show you the way, but great views, worth every step! Saw some people climbing the peaks around, but I would recommend getting there early due to limited parking space that’s close, was pretty full by the time we got down.

Hiked this trail with my two small dogs and it kicked our butts! Last 1/4 mile is straight up! Also. lots of off shoot trails you can easily get lost on. Overall beautiful day and very pleassnt hike.

Got there around 7:30am and there was plenty of parking - and only saw about 3 people the entire way to the top. The trail starts out easy and then progressively gets more challenging. Lots of loose gravel and rocks until you get to the last 0.2 mile where it’s more of a rock scramble; some forest but lots of sunny spots and dead trees. The view at the top is totally worth it though - panoramic view of the valley. LOTS of people on the way down, so I’d get their early to get a viewing spot when you get to the top. Overall, giving 3 stars because I usually like more of a scenic hike with green vegetation, but gorgeous view at the end.

Loved this hike! The views at the top are beautiful and it only took us 3 hours total. The first mile is pretty easy but the last half is all uphill. You have to scramble a bit to get to the top which wasn’t too bad but definitely take your time. The quick elevation change could cause headaches so take some ibuprofen beforehand to avoid that. Overall totally worth it!

This trail is incredibly beautiful and the top of the mountain is gorgeous however I think that it should be stated that it’s pretty easy to get off trail on this path. I myself got a little off path at the very top which was scary for a little bit and I did see at least 3 to 4 other groups of people that ended up off trail as well so just make sure to pay very close attention to where you’re going and I would highly suggest downloading the AllTrails map so you know if you are to get off trail where to go to get back on.

I used the "shortcut" to bypass the part that follows the road. limited parking but definitely worth it.

Excellent hike! Great views atop the mountain!

Great trail and slightly challenging. Anybody can complete the trail. Beautiful mountain views!!

The views at the top are so rewarding, but the hike itself is not especially scenic, and you’re up against the road the entire time. I didn’t mind that, but it’s something to be aware of to manage expectations of your hiking partners :) We didn’t have trouble with parking at 8 a.m. on a weekend. **When parking on the side of the road, be careful not to back in too far down—we helped someone get out who had backed in to the point where they couldn’t get out. Lots of people & dogs on the trail but not overly crowded. The scramble to the top isn’t bad, we went to the right of the sign at the base of the rocks but saw a lot of people went left. Again, the views are incredible, you get a great view of Longs.

The trail starts off easy then gets a little tough around the u-turn. Last 100 yards there is a little scrambling. Awesome trail!!!

Loved this trail! Get there early - we were the only ones there at 730 on a Tuesday, but by 10 parking was full (no real lot, just off the side of the highway). Beautiful views at the top of you're okay with a scramble!

This was an awesome trail for views. I would say it’s on the more difficult side of moderate.

Fun trail. Difficult with a dog toward the end.

Great trail with gorgeous views at the top. The last bit to see the views is a scramble but isn’t very long. If you aren’t comfortable doing that, not sure if the trail is totally worth it. But it still is well maintained, just be sure to not step over logs and go off trail. I would recommend going early. Started a few minutes before 7:30am on a Sunday and saw nobody my whole hike up the trail and had the top to myself. On the way down, saw over 20 groups of people so definitely gets busier

Hiked alone on 6/13/2020 and arrived to TH around 7:40. I’m sure it wasL full by 8. This is not in RMNP so no reservation is needed. Gorgeous summit. The trail gains a lot of elevation for beginners so just take it easy. I had the summit all to myself. Pay attention to the trail. You rarely ever should step over a log. I saw a lot of people off trail.