Lily Mountain Trail

Lily Mountain Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Estes Park, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is best used from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Estes Park: Go south on Hwy 7 about 5.8 miles. Just before the 6 mile marker there is a small pull-off area by the trailhead sign. Be careful because parking space is limited and the pull-off sits just off busy Hwy 7.

Great hike with great views. Took the dog, too, and it wasn't too bad for him.

The Lily Mountain trail is free since it is located in the Roosevelt National Park. Yes, you can take a dog with you. I would not deem it rational to drag along any animal other than one that is at least medium size and fit. This particular hike is considered moderate, but it is definitely challenging. I believe it took my husband and I about 4 hours to complete. Lily Mountain was strenuous and exciting. I am glad my husband decided to force me to climb the large rocks to the left (the right is higher up). It made the finale of the hike worth it.

A great hike along mostly shaded trails. A good level of difficulty mostly uphill and just the right distance. The view from the top was absolutely amazing and such a great reward! Bring lots of water.

Lots of shade. Lots of climbing. Bring plenty of water. Very pretty. Great views. Not for the out of shape. Saw few people.

fun trail. plenty of shade throughout the hike. you have to climb a boulder at the very top if you want to see the best views. parking is almost nonexistent.

Loved the wildflowers, and although the trail is not demanding, it offers a great walk and exploration opp for the kids. We were everywhere!

Beautiful

I had a feeling the views at the top would be pretty but didn't realize they'd be THAT pretty! One of the best places to get a 360 degree panorama of Estes Park. Experienced hikers will find this mountain easy to summit. Less experienced hikers might be a little put off by the boulder climbing right before the summit. Pretty quick, 2.5-3 hour hike.

We could see Lily Mountain from Lily Lake and thought it would be a short hike with the boys in 2004, but turned out to be longer than it first looked. Well, the trail starts a ways down the road toward Estes Park and goes along the road for a while then does a sharp left turn up the ridge. Great views of Estes Park once you get to the turn, and some cool rock climbs along the way.

Hiked this one a few days ago and had a great time! My husband and I took our 8yo and 5yo and 55 lb dog. 8yo + dog + me made it to the top to see amazing 360 views. Husband stayed with 5yo because he wore out about 30 minutes from the top. Took us 3 hours when most take half that time. Worth it!