Lily Lake

Lily Lake is a 0.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Estes Park, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November.

wheelchair friendly

Simple circle around the lake. Is a bit icy/muddy but not too bad. Has a few picnic tables around for use.

We hiked with our young kids. Very family friendly.

Saw lots of muskrats swimming in the lake today! Easy loop; not muddy or snowy on 3/24.

scenic driving

Super overcast the day I drove to this lake. Did not hike trail. Fog rolling in over trees looked spooky and stunning - just in time for Halloween!

Awesome and free

An easy trail that we have hike 4 of the last 5 years I've been to RMNP. it has a hidden gem. If you follow the entrance to the upper trail that is on the west end of the lake you will come to a fork about 100 yards in. Follow the rope to your left and it will take you to a nice overlook of the east end of Moraine Park. This side trip is well traveled and short, not not shown on maps.

If you're looking for a quick easy stroll with some GREAT photo opportunities, this one's for you. I did the lake and the ridge, well worth it.

Great for kids

The loop trail around Lily Lake is flat and easy to follow, making it a great choice for folks who don't have the time or physical ability to take on RMNP's tougher trails. Lily Lake is gorgeous, especially when surrounded by wildflowers in the summer.

So I came to visit the area in late June. I was actually married here at the picnic area in 2015. This lake will always have that memory.

Fun time fishing with kids and an easy little hike. Unfortunately rain ran us off.

Unbelievably beautiful. We stopped here on our way to Estes Park and it was the best possible introduction to the Rockies. Very easy walk, gradual incline along the ridge but otherwise completely flat.

Nice lake, saw some Mallards, nice views of the surrounding area. Our first Rocky Mountain NP experience on our way from Denver to RMNP.

Love the new cultured tail around the lake. Beautiful as always!

We had a nice relaxing stroll around the lake.

This is a very simple hike! Great if you're looking for something to do in Estes for half a day! Very scenic! You can hike to the top and get a great view that overlooks the lake if you take a trail on the right side near the entrance. Bring your camera and selfie stick!

I wouldn't call it a hike but it's a vary nice trail around the lake there's a few trails off the lake that have some awesome views. Go at sunrise or sunset.

Beautiful setting for an easy scroll around a lake with the family.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

#goodtymehyking

Monday, March 27, 2017

Easy access with a great photo opportunity

Saturday, October 08, 2016

Very busy trail, but beautiful and worth stopping. If you have the time, take the Lily Lake Ridge spur off to the north side of the lake--it adds only a little time to the walk but takes the hiker up high for beautiful vistas you don't get from down below.

Monday, October 03, 2016

Nice easy trail great views!

Monday, October 03, 2016

I'm giving this a 5-star because this is my first Estes Park area hike. We went over the Lily Ridge Trail. Beautiful day! Beautiful fall colors and weather. Only down side is "no dogs." I'm sure there is a good reason but it was a disappointment for us.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Awesome trail

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Easy hike for the family. Close to Hwy 7, so road noise is apparent.

Thursday, September 08, 2016

Took the ridge trail. Great easy hike with beautiful views.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Beautiful lake and trail !

Friday, August 19, 2016