Lichen Loop Trail

Lichen Loop Trail is a 1.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Boulder, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from April until October.

Easy little hike for families with kids (4/2 w/ us) while providing that "away" feeling. Great views and like many others saw wild turkeys including a family with chicks.

Beautiful pines and vistas with wild turkeys frolicking in the meadows!

6/3/2018

Great easy hike for guests visiting from out of town.

I'd say this is less of a hike and more of a walk, but it's a beautiful area, and an easy little trail for kids. There's a rock that looks like a bulldog's face, a rock kiln, and a chance to see some wildlife.

A nice hike for me. Lots of Ponderosa Pine and boulders. Wild Turkey were plentiful and there was only one other couple on the trail. Will definitely do again.

Nice and easy Sunday meander. We walked up to the first bench on the Wapiti, sat on the bench checking out the scenery and bikers zooming by.

Great for kids and mountain biking. Not difficult.

no dogs allowed?? that's the most stupid thing ever.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

This was a great hike for my kids, ages 7 and 3. Not very challenging for me, but it wasn't boring either. There were lots of wildflowers and we even saw wild turkeys!

Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Great views, lightly trafficked, & the kids even got to see some deer. Perfect for a family outing of all ages.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Pretty little trail. It's easy, but not flat. It can be super muddy when wet, too.

Monday, October 31, 2016

Great short hike with kids.

Thursday, September 08, 2016

My companions and I greatly enjoyed the woodland scenery of this lovely loop. It has some gentle ups and downs as well as some historic points. The trail is short; we went around the loop twice for a good length morning walk.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Great hike to be back in the woods. Took my 3 and 1 year old too!

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Nice and easy! This is a great little loop if you want to get out, but don't have much time or want to take your not so active Mom out on a hike. There are some lovely views, nice bathrooms, and a longer option.

Wednesday, June 03, 2015

This hike is built for either kids or elderly people. Nice views of lichen colored rocks. Overall quite nice but not a serious hike.

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Decent short trail with pine forest tree cover most of the way. It was great with my 5 yr old as we're still working on her endurance and she got the accomplishment of finishing a whole trail by herself.

The loop had birds, bugs and squirrels to look at, rocks to clamber up, etc. If you're with an athletic adult group there are more exciting trails in the area but for those with young kids it's great and not crowded in the least.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

There is something special about this place. It's just calm and peaceful. Something about the tall grass in the wind in June... This is just a quick loop you can do with a young child or an elderly person...

Monday, December 03, 2012

I like this trail for when I'm not feeling super great but still want to exercise. I like running on this trail.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Not really mountainous. Foothills more like. It's great for my toddler.

Sunday, July 09, 2017