Lawn Lake Trail

Lawn Lake Trail is a 13.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Estes Park, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, fishing, and horses and is best used from May until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

If you want peaceful solitude and a trail all to yourself, then take this hike. Lawn Lake is truly worth the effort. I started about 6:45 am and was very comfortable, but by the time I was headed back down, it had become quite hot. An absolutely beautiful trail. Ypsilon Lake was my other favorite.

Great hike! One of my fondest memories with my Dad!

It was a little more difficult than expecting due to the amount of snow. We pushed through and made it to the lake and camped even though the camp grounds was covered in snow. Even with high winds it was more than worth the effort for the morning fishing which was EXCELLENT

Went a few days ago, good hike lots of up hill and plenty of views. Couldn't finish without snowshoes. The trail pretty much ended into snow the last mile so I didn't make it to the lake. Everyone had bear spray but me, time to invest!

I didnt do the entire trail all the way to the lake. I went until about halfway. The trail winds through the forest, up the mountain and along the river. It is very beautiful and i definately want to come back to do the entire trail.

Gorgeous trail. Not steep but long. Nice back country. Quiet and peaceful. Not very many people on it even in peak summer. Caution, this is bear country.

Just barely made it before sun down, but got a beautiful view of the lake. I recommend leaving early and incorporating The Saddle Trail, which starts at the end of Lawn Lake, and goes up to a meadow almost directly below Mummy and Fairchild Mountain, as well as Hagues Peak.