Last Dollar Road

Last Dollar Road is a 13.1 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Telluride, Colorado that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for off road driving and is best used from June until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

off road driving

Rode it for the first time in October 2017 on a large adventure motorcycle (BMW R1200 GS) with two friends. Had just come off the road by Silver Jack Reservoir, which was a dirt highway compared to this. This was by far one of the best roads ever. Water crossings (there were about three) were no problem. At one, we ran across a family dressed in Sunday best. Hilarious. This is a popular getaway for folks from Telluride. We took it from the Ridgway side. The aspens were out. Do check out https://goo.gl/e6tAqn for some awesome pics. We came over this ridge, and started down into the valley, and never having been there before, we were thinking we were coming into Telluride, but then you see that there's not much at the bottom, and you see the road heading back up the other side of this beautiful valley, and once you top the next ridge, it's clear you are now coming into town, with the airport below and the state highway. Really cool ride. Totally doable on a big GS if you are experienced, stand on the pegs and counter-balance in turns. Some very rocky sections you have to power through, and, like I said, a few water crossings that can leave you and your bike with that adventure biking look. Haha. Muddy as heck walking into the New Sheridan for our $200+/night rooms!

Went from ridgeway to telluride... AMAZING!!!! We drove a Kia Sarento and had no problems at all.. husband did great job navigating rocks and puddles!!! The views are stunning and massive!! Many spots with overlooks for picnic or just resting and looking out across the mtns and listening to the aspens!!!

Easy for sure but a long trail with lots to see on the way! many side trails to check out in the wooded areas of the road! Was a nice detour to get from telluride to hwy 62! easy cruise in 2wheel drive the entire way.

off road driving

Loved the drive from Ridgway to Telluride. It was harder than green in my opinion because of some mud ruts that would not be passable w/o 4x4. Camped out and awoke to wonderful views.

off road driving

First time we've ever been "off roading". Was worried as we were driving a extended length expedition. Encountered no problems what so ever. Trail was just perfect for our first time. Saw a few cars and mini vans and would not even have wanted to try it in those as we encountered a few deep mud holes, ruts and water crossings.
The views will not disappoint!

off road driving

Gorgeous drive with sensational views. Easy but still fun "off-road" trip. It's a road all the way, but a dirt road with lots of bumps, mud, streams (snow melt), narrow turns, and million dollar views. We went the direction from Ridgway to Telluride. The aspen groves are stunning and I bet this drive is even better in the fall when the trees start turning. Lots of photo ops of the mountains, valleys, trees and flowers. We were in a Wrangler Unlimited and a Lexus SUV - both handled the drive fine (with lots of trail dust and mud). Hard to beat the beauty of this drive. Colorado at its finest.

Monday, October 03, 2016

I went down this road for about 45 minutes (stopped to take a loooot of pictures). I was in my Nissan Rogue and did perfectly fine. Granted, this was after driving as far as the road takes you to Bridal Veil Falls, so comparatively a breeze :)

I stopped toward a large opening and camped with about 6 other small groups/couples. The best place to wake up to -- I will be going back as much as humanly possible!

Thursday, July 07, 2016

This road is a blast! If you don't mind getting muddy, you are in for a treat. Kick it into high and get to splashing!

Monday, July 04, 2016

First trail I did in Colorado. I thought it was very easy.

Friday, May 06, 2016

Might be my favorite road, anywhere. in the fall the Aspens are amazing. In the summer the fragrance of the pine forest is amazing. Can get very slick when wet.

Monday, June 29, 2015

Beautiful

scenic driving
Sunday, October 05, 2014

Took this on a beautiful fall afternoon when the aspens were golden. If you have the time, a great "longcut" to Telluride.

Friday, March 01, 2013

Easy drive thru ranchland and forests. When dry, a passenger car can make it. It's a shortcut from Telluride to Ridgeway.