Last Dollar Road

Last Dollar Road is a 13.1 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Telluride, Colorado that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for off road driving and is best used from June until November.

Point to Point

off road driving

Gorgeous drive with sensational views. Easy but still fun "off-road" trip. It's a road all the way, but a dirt road with lots of bumps, mud, streams (snow melt), narrow turns, and million dollar views. We went the direction from Ridgway to Telluride. The aspen groves are stunning and I bet this drive is even better in the fall when the trees start turning. Lots of photo ops of the mountains, valleys, trees and flowers. We were in a Wrangler Unlimited and a Lexus SUV - both handled the drive fine (with lots of trail dust and mud). Hard to beat the beauty of this drive. Colorado at its finest.

off road driving

I went down this road for about 45 minutes (stopped to take a loooot of pictures). I was in my Nissan Rogue and did perfectly fine. Granted, this was after driving as far as the road takes you to Bridal Veil Falls, so comparatively a breeze :)

I stopped toward a large opening and camped with about 6 other small groups/couples. The best place to wake up to -- I will be going back as much as humanly possible!

off road driving

This road is a blast! If you don't mind getting muddy, you are in for a treat. Kick it into high and get to splashing!

off road driving

First trail I did in Colorado. I thought it was very easy.

Friday, May 06, 2016

Might be my favorite road, anywhere. in the fall the Aspens are amazing. In the summer the fragrance of the pine forest is amazing. Can get very slick when wet.

Monday, June 29, 2015

Beautiful

scenic driving
Sunday, October 05, 2014

Took this on a beautiful fall afternoon when the aspens were golden. If you have the time, a great "longcut" to Telluride.

Friday, March 01, 2013

Easy drive thru ranchland and forests. When dry, a passenger car can make it. It's a shortcut from Telluride to Ridgeway.