Lake Isabelle Trail

Lake Isabelle Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Nederland, Colorado that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

$11 entrance fee, cash only.

Freakin awesome once you get there.

So awesome. This was the first hike I did after moving to Colorado. Was perfectly suited for someone not used to the altitude and was absolutely gorgeous!

Gorgeous hike! FYI the road to the nearest parking lot is closed, so that adds about 4 miles on to the total distance. Parts of the trail were icy but we managed without any extra gear. Beautiful at the top!

Such a beautiful and easy hike! Loved every second of it. First time visiting Colorado and this hike is now my top I’ve done! Loved the snow on the ground and perfect weather!

Beautiful

Beautiful / not overly difficult, plenty of variation. Loved it!

We didn't actually make it there because the road is closed to get to the trailhead. It's an extra 2 mile walk down the road if you want to get here now

Vehicle used to access the trail:
Kia sorrento front-wheel drive
Footwear:
Timberland work boots & Nike running shoes
Child carrier:
ErgoBaby 360° backpack 25lb
Fee:
$11 (no state park pass)
We have done this trail before in the summer. This time we took my mother-in-law out and started the trail at 8:30am.
The parking lot at the trailhead was almost empty when we arrived, previously we hadn't been able to get a spot because it's much busier in the summer.
The trail was covered in snow and very icy. It was a slow and steady hike, I believe the temperature was in the low 30's.
We cut the trail short and stuck to walk g around the lake but it was still beautiful!! roughly 2.5miles and took us just under 2hours to complete due to the tricky ice. Next time we will use spikes or poles to steady ourselves.
Even with the ice it was a great trail, little to no sun on the trail the whole time which added to the cold but for a first timer like my mother-in-law it was great. She really enjoyed it and the views of the lake were worth the cold!!!

Perfect for a quick day hike. Took us 2-3 hours including our picnic at the lake and a decent amount of stopping for gorgeous views and awesome pics. Definitely got winded here and there but we were not quite ready for the elevation!! Went in October and it was definitely slushy and icy on the shaded parts of the trail but so worth it for the views of the mountain peaks and Lake Isabelle.

About 80% of the trail was ice/slush/mud and my dog was filthy, but the view from the lake is SO worth it! Just be careful with the ice. The mountains were snowy and beautiful, and you could see them throughout most of the trail! And by the way, the Long Lake parking lot is where the trailhead is- it took me awhile to figure that out.

One of my favorite hikes. Great for taking visiting friends and family since it includes lake and pond views, waterfalls, wildflowers, foot path bridges, and snow!