Learn more

Lake Haiyaha is a 3.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Estes Park, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from June until October.

Distance: 3.6 miles Elevation Gain: 846 feet Route Type: Out & Back

partially paved

Reservations to enter the park will go on sale through Recreation.gov at 8 a.m. Mountain Time on Thursday, May 28. Reservations will be available to enter the park from June 4 through July 31. The next release will be on July 1, for the month of August and any remaining days that have not been booked for July. On August 1, reservations will be available for the month of September and any remaining days that have not been booked for August. On September 1, reservations will be available for the month of October and any remaining days in September that have not been booked. Permits issued using the reservation system will allow park visitors to enter the park within two-hour windows of availability between 6 a.m. through 5 p.m. This process will facilitate advance payment of entrance fees, minimize contact between park entrance station staff and visitors and limit congestion in parking lots. The permit system will apply to all areas of the park. In the initial opening phase, the park will open approximately 60 percent of the park’s maximum parking capacity or 4,800 vehicles (13,500 visitors) per day.

I can't add much to the other reviews, but this is breathtaking and worth every mile. (We added a few detours to Bear Lake and Lake Haiyaha, and the whole thing clocked in at a little over 12 miles.) No microspikes needed to get up to Sky Pond, but it's also July.

loved this hike. the lake is gorgeous with the backdrop of the mountains. I ended up taking a wrong trail. When you reach the pond prior to the lake, make sure you go left, not the trail to the right. I made it to the lake via the right-hand trail, but it failed to be a trail half-way there and I had to boulder scramble--but it was fun. once at the lake I saw other hikers on the opposite side, so I scrambled back and found the correct trail. Bring bug spray...if the wind is low, you'll get lots of mosquitoes and flies.

Fri July 3, 2020. This is a must do hike in RMNP! It was not too strenuous and even with the crowds it was a peaceful hike to Lake Haiyaha. Lake Dream was one of the first lakes you see on the hike and it is simply beautiful. The end leading to Haiyaha is a bit of a rocky scramble so take it slow. The area with the scramble was by far the hardest part of the hike as I wanted to find a quiet spot.

Beautiful trail! We joined the trail from loch lake and had lunch on a boulder. Loved it!

Gorgeous hike up to a chilly lake. Snow only the second half. None of us had spikes or poles and did just fine. My friends are wild and even did a polar plunge. Windy up by the lake but felt great when the sun came out. Easy to lose the trail with patches of snow. Busy hike on the weekend

icy

Busy hike, but very worth it! Tons of lakes!

Awesome trail! Hiked on 6/19 - you are able to reach the lake, but need to climb around rocks and snow a little to get the complete view. Along the trail there were some spots where it was a bit narrow since the snow has not all melted, but nothing too difficult. Completely worth the views!

It was such an adventure doing this trail. Nothing like I’ve ever experienced before. It was hectic but so much worth it at the end. 10/10

I hiked this today (6/15/2020). I entered from the Dream Lake fork. The snow looks intimidating at first but isn't bad. The trail appears after a very short distance and I only ran into little drifts of snow every now and again up the way to the lake. Right near the lake it can be slightly tricky to find the trail because there is a larger amount of snow, but I found it in just a minute. I did fine with just boots, but some may want the poles because there are some slick areas. There was hardly anyone on this trail, which was great. awesome views too!

Awesome trail! We hiked it yesterday 6/7/20 from loch lake. A majority of the trail was covered in snow which made it a little tricky to navigate but there was a path carved into a lot of it! There was no people and well shaded making it an excellent hike.

icy

Fantastic trail and absolutely incredible lake. Hiked on 6.7.20. There were patches of snow but it’s melting. I had my spikes, which helped but would have been ok without them. Several families made it up with just hiking boots on.

Great hike and beautiful lake destination. Hiked 6/5/20, trail to lake Haiyaha starting at dream lake was mostly snow covered, gps and micro spikes helped to navigate the trail. Lower trail was very busy by the time we got down by 12pm. Cheers!

I did this trial yesterday. The trail is becoming easier to follow. The connecting route however to sky pond is very difficult to complete at this time.

icy

Trail was totally covered in snow but it was doable. There was a path to follow and less packed with people than the other trails. Lake still had ice on majority of it but it was fishable we did have a downloaded gps map and that helped.

Attempted this hike on May 27 when RMNP reopened. Totally snow packed. Could not follow Trail even with GPS map

I went to this hike last year but just bow reviewing it. This was a well worth it! It was gorgeous!

Tried doing this trail yesterday and the sign at Dream Lake is buried, I couldn't find the trailhead. Tried to use AllTrails to find it all I was met with was deep snow and no visible trail. Ended up just continuing on to Emerald Lake.