Lake Gulch Trail Loop

Lake Gulch Trail Loop is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Franktown, Colorado that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

bridge out

old growth

I gave this trail 5 stars because this place is beautiful. The trail is very easy but has some small obstacles. The trail runs along under canyons and a narrow river. Again, this place is magical. I will upload sone pictures.

Lots of wildlife and an easy trail.

Great hike, even this time of year. Trails in some spots were snow packed and icy. Absolutely beautiful and hardly anyone here.

This place was absolutely beautiful. Down in the canyon was a stream running through; doesn’t get much better than that.

We took our two boys (4 and 5) and our 3 month old daughter in a front carrier. It was pretty windy at first, which was hard during the first part of the hike, but once we got down in the gulch it was much better. There were so many beautiful rock formations and the boys loved getting to see the river and throw rocks in the water. Not too hard for our boys. I had to carry the 4 year old for a while, but mostly because it was REALLY windy. Once we were out of the wind he walked the rest of the way

I loved it!! Great views!! Perfect place to hike with a toddle on your back (in my opinion) But watch out for those rattlesnakes! I almost got bitten by one. And another one came out of nowhere when I was crossing over the river.

$7 to get into the park! Bring a cooler and store in car. Definitely moderate due to having to cross the creek and there being several places where there are rocks to climb/ cross and no clear path. Signage not great but enough walkers to follow. Saw a few less agile people struggling over the creek. Pretty suitable for kids but not strollers. My

Good hike close to Castle Rock area. Mainly sunny. Pretty uneven terrain. Good views. Lots of people on the weekend. A creek that kids can take shoes off and stand in at one point.

actually walked thru the creek its was lovely

Great easy hike!

We really enjoyed this trail beautiful sceneries. It was an easy to fallow hike.

We really enjoyed this trail. We started out on the L side and came back up the K side after crossing the creek. Many gorgeous views and interesting flora and fauna.

Nice hike! Very pretty. Did encounter a rattlesnake on the trail but overall, it was good! Will be back

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Good winter hike. Good time to go because the rattlesnakes don't come out until April. You see the waterfall on the Creek Bottom trail. We added more trails to this hike to add more distance.

Sunday, November 20, 2016

awesome . love it

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Great for families!

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Great for family!

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

It was fun for me and my 2 girls.

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Nice easy trail, pretty rock, some poison ivy

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Nice easy hike.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Great hike to do with the family.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Beautiful trail, easy and relaxing. I went on the weekend, there wasa bit of trail traffic but still very enjoyable. Small national park but very well taken care of, I would definitely go again.

Friday, June 10, 2016

Really beautful and relaxing hike. Nice and easy, lots of families and dogs on the weekend. The scenery is wonderful. We are very fortunate to have this so close!

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Great family hike with beautiful views! The kids loved hopping from rock to rock in the canyon and when we crossed paths with a large bull snake along the trail.

Saturday, June 04, 2016

This was a wonderful hike with the kids. This is a well shaded trail that offers 2 creek/river crossings. Don't worry this is still kid friendly. The mixture of rushing water, pine trees, and rock formations offers spectacular views. This is probably one of our favorite hikes we have done so far in Colorado.

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Very good beginner trail. Great views, creek crossing, slight elevation change. Overall a great experience. The waterfall is off of the Dam Ruins Historic Trail. It connect to this trail at about the halfway point.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Great hike with some amazing views!

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

We went while, still snow covered and it was gorgeous. As has been said, the steps where not cleared at all which made the trail a bit more difficult. It was also extremely muddy through out parts of the trail and the majority of the steps that where not snow covered. Sounds like a bad trip but all together it was a great quick little fun hike that can still wear you out if you want it to! plenty of fun for the dog as well! (most important part)

Sunday, February 28, 2016

There is a fee ($7-9) to use this area. That is not a problem, but one would think they would at least put up a sign saying so. We had no idea that we had to pay until we were in the park at the payment window.