Lake Gulch Trail Loop

Lake Gulch Trail Loop is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Franktown, Colorado that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.7 miles Elevation Gain: 200 feet Route Type: Loop

cave

bridge out

Great hike!

Quick hike. Overall not too steep. Very pretty views. Only problem area was going over rocks crossing the river-pretty slick! Lots of people on the trail.

Really pretty with lots of cool stuff to see and some scrambling on rocks and across water!

Beautiful trail with many different scenery changes.

For us, being new to Colorado hiking, this was perfect! Everyone was nice to our dog. Definitely add the little out and back to see the ruins of the Dam.

Great trail, lots of good views.

Great for families with kids of all ages!

Súper kid friendly. Hiked with kids ages 4-13 and they all loved it. Only thing that got them was the final incline back tot he parking lot.

This park was a pleasant surprise! I took this loop but also included the Creek Bottom out and back trail. The terrain is diverse and the scenery changes a lot. Not much shade on the Lake Gulch/Inner Canyon Loop (they're the same loop) but the Creek Bottom has great shade and I highly recommend adding it! Total was 4 miles.

the changing scenery as you walk along is lovely

Fun trail to do with the family. No crazy elevation changes. Gate price was $8.

Easy and fun trail for the whole family. My 6 yr old loved hopping on the rocks along the creek.

Beautiful easy hike

Nice trail for a winter day. Mostly snow covered but was easy to navigate with yaktrax. I would rate this trail as easy.

Got this done while I hiked the Inner Canyon Loop Trail.

Mid October. Colors changing. Very pretty. Had our boys in carry packs. Some fun terrain and rocky on the backside of the loop. Perfect first hike of the trip.

Friday, August 17, 2018

Hot hike. Great wildlife viewing.

Friday, August 03, 2018

favorite trail

Monday, July 02, 2018

Never saw a waterfall, but it was a great hike. The kids enjoyed dipping their feet in the water and looking for crawfish. Yes, crawfish. Good length for a family and enough shade to take the edge off the heat.

Friday, June 29, 2018

I love this whole place. I usually like to enter on the north side as it is much less crowded than the East. I've done all the trails and recommend them for all skill levels.

Sunday, June 24, 2018

we hiked the L trail to the K trail making a loop. I'm pregnant and haven't hiked since last year. but I reached my limit and had to get out. this was an easy hike with short uphill portions towards the end that were just enough to make me breath a bit heavier but not wind me. There was plenty of shade and resting places and amazing views. We even saw lizards and snakes and many birds. there were spots by the creek with large boulders to cross over but they were absolutely manageable. my 6 and 8 year old handled the hike very well. we saw many other children and people of all ages managing fine. next time we will start on the K trail go view the dam and then back track to the l trail.

Friday, May 25, 2018

Love hiking in Castlewood Canyon, it has amazing views. The trails are easy enough to navigate that the kids can come with me.

Wednesday, May 09, 2018

Beware of rattlesnakes! There was one on the trail and heard another. Also wild turkeys were out.

Saturday, May 05, 2018

Great hike!

Friday, April 13, 2018

Beautiful hike with amazing views. may be kid friendly but DEFINITELY not stroller friendly so I wouldn't recommend it with a young toddler that can't walk the whole thing (like my two year old.)

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Friday, March 30, 2018

Beautiful, my two youngest boys (4,7) loved it and did great!