Lake Gulch Trail Loop

Lake Gulch Trail Loop is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Franktown, Colorado that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

bridge out

old growth

Never saw a waterfall, but it was a great hike. The kids enjoyed dipping their feet in the water and looking for crawfish. Yes, crawfish. Good length for a family and enough shade to take the edge off the heat.

I love this whole place. I usually like to enter on the north side as it is much less crowded than the East. I've done all the trails and recommend them for all skill levels.

we hiked the L trail to the K trail making a loop. I'm pregnant and haven't hiked since last year. but I reached my limit and had to get out. this was an easy hike with short uphill portions towards the end that were just enough to make me breath a bit heavier but not wind me. There was plenty of shade and resting places and amazing views. We even saw lizards and snakes and many birds. there were spots by the creek with large boulders to cross over but they were absolutely manageable. my 6 and 8 year old handled the hike very well. we saw many other children and people of all ages managing fine. next time we will start on the K trail go view the dam and then back track to the l trail.

Love hiking in Castlewood Canyon, it has amazing views. The trails are easy enough to navigate that the kids can come with me.

Beware of rattlesnakes! There was one on the trail and heard another. Also wild turkeys were out.

Great hike!

Beautiful hike with amazing views. may be kid friendly but DEFINITELY not stroller friendly so I wouldn't recommend it with a young toddler that can't walk the whole thing (like my two year old.)

Beautiful, my two youngest boys (4,7) loved it and did great!

$7 for a day pass but there are miles and miles of trails ! We did a 6.5 mile loop (many trails connect and loop to each other). Pretty creek in the canyon . Trails along the creek at the canyon bottom and rim trail along the edge of the canyon . Old dam you can hike to as well! Many nice lookouts . Enjoyable hike . Playground for kids near parking area. Some restroom. Dog friendly and rock climbing areas too.

I gave this trail 5 stars because this place is beautiful. The trail is very easy but has some small obstacles. The trail runs along under canyons and a narrow river. Again, this place is magical. I will upload some pictures.

Lots of wildlife and an easy trail.

Great hike, even this time of year. Trails in some spots were snow packed and icy. Absolutely beautiful and hardly anyone here.

This place was absolutely beautiful. Down in the canyon was a stream running through; doesn’t get much better than that.

We took our two boys (4 and 5) and our 3 month old daughter in a front carrier. It was pretty windy at first, which was hard during the first part of the hike, but once we got down in the gulch it was much better. There were so many beautiful rock formations and the boys loved getting to see the river and throw rocks in the water. Not too hard for our boys. I had to carry the 4 year old for a while, but mostly because it was REALLY windy. Once we were out of the wind he walked the rest of the way

I loved it!! Great views!! Perfect place to hike with a toddle on your back (in my opinion) But watch out for those rattlesnakes! I almost got bitten by one. And another one came out of nowhere when I was crossing over the river.

$7 to get into the park! Bring a cooler and store in car. Definitely moderate due to having to cross the creek and there being several places where there are rocks to climb/ cross and no clear path. Signage not great but enough walkers to follow. Saw a few less agile people struggling over the creek. Pretty suitable for kids but not strollers. My

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Good hike close to Castle Rock area. Mainly sunny. Pretty uneven terrain. Good views. Lots of people on the weekend. A creek that kids can take shoes off and stand in at one point.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

actually walked thru the creek its was lovely

Friday, June 16, 2017

Great easy hike!

Thursday, June 15, 2017

We really enjoyed this trail beautiful sceneries. It was an easy to fallow hike.

Thursday, June 15, 2017

We really enjoyed this trail. We started out on the L side and came back up the K side after crossing the creek. Many gorgeous views and interesting flora and fauna.

Saturday, June 03, 2017

Nice hike! Very pretty. Did encounter a rattlesnake on the trail but overall, it was good! Will be back

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Good winter hike. Good time to go because the rattlesnakes don't come out until April. You see the waterfall on the Creek Bottom trail. We added more trails to this hike to add more distance.

Sunday, November 20, 2016

awesome . love it

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Great for families!

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Great for family!

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

It was fun for me and my 2 girls.

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Nice easy trail, pretty rock, some poison ivy