Lake Constantine Trail

Lake Constantine Trail is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Minturn, Colorado that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

fly fishing

4miles south of Minturn, to Tigiwon Rd.(FR 707),turn right and drive 8 miles to the Fall Creek Th.

Good first backpacking trip. Lush forest and great views, lots of wildflowers & also mosquitos! There were several other parties camping on the lake and tons of cars at the trail head. hiked up day 1, hiked around the lake and to the waterfall on day 2, and hiked out on day 3. Our little (energetic) pug came with us and did alright :) We chose this over fancy pass since you are allowed to have fires at Lake Constantine.

Great hike, good camping and beautiful views. Bring insect repellent as marshy areas all along the trail and lake have a fair share of mosquitos.

Camping spots around the lake seem to be plentiful and well established.

Great hike! Beautiful moderate trail. Definitely, don't forget bug spray. People who left comments here forgot to mention about it! I have passed 4 different groups of people on a trail asking for a bug spray! Lots of mosquitoes! It took me 8 miles not 7.3 ml. It is also 42 minutes drive on a dirt road to the trail head. FYI, the trail head names Fall Creek not lake Constantine!

Wanted to backpack this trail with a friend about 2 weeks ago. The access road was closed. I moved the gate and started to drive up the road. Very rough road but doable. I was instructed to turn around because there was too much snow and the access road is impassable. This was the first week of June. I plan on doing this hike mid July. Should be a great time to be there. Hope it's not too cold.

Beautiful trail, but the access road to the trailhead doesn't open until 06/21 so be ready for about 4 miles just to the trailhead in early season.

Awesome hike with amazing views

Absolutely loved this trail when I was on it in 2001. Beautiful scenery!

(10/29/16) We were lucky that the sun came out during the hike, some clouds and rain at the start. The trail was very easy to follow and only had a few snowy spots. The lake was beautiful, but find a place out of the wind to enjoy it.

Great little hike with awesome camping spots around the lake.

Beautiful hike with not too much elevation gain. Lake was surrounded by rocky peaks. Great views of the Gore Range along the way.

Beautiful hike and not overly difficult! You'll arrive at the lake via Fall Creek Trail, about 3.5 miles from the trailhead. We camped along Notch Mountain Creek road the night before, tons of really good sites to choose from. This road is pretty rough, so if you have a small car I would not recommend. Lots of great views among the way.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Easy hike in, awesome campsites around lake, great fishing, cool day hikes! Must see...

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Sunday, September 13, 2015

This trail was great. We hiked from fall crack trailhead tonLake Constantine in about 3 1/2 hrs. Keep in mind we had 40-50lb backpacks on too so if you are day hiking it will be quicker. The trail is fairly easy. It does have some decent inclines going in, and then steadily drops into the lake. We camped at lake Constantine for 3 nights. This place
Is pretty popular for backpackers, but trust me, there's plenty of camping spots and you will still feel isolated. We day hikes up to Lower Tuhare lake. This was pretty difficult as it's only a
Mile or so, but it's over 1000 vertical ft, so it's pretty steep. Class 3 I believe. I would highly recommend this area!! Loved it and would go back.

Monday, August 24, 2015

Amazing. Here are some videos of the camp we made next to Lake Constantine:

This made an awesome base camp for the hike up to the Tuhare Lakes. Highly recommended.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Great hike to Lake Constantine. Great fishing too.