New Years Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $19.99
Get Started

Lake Agnes Trail

Lake Agnes Trail is a 2.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Walden, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.1 miles Elevation Gain: 429 feet Route Type: Loop

fee

skiing
icy

A good place to ski in the winter and a perfect place to hike and camp in the summer! Surrounded by other lakes and mountain features, this is one awesome place to play. Does get pretty hectic during summer months with outdoor recreation booming. Winter is usually pretty calm except for the weekends.

Beautiful hike on a bluebird day . There is a solid trench in up to the summer trailhead And we got by with just micro spikes. Beyond that snowshoes were helpful.

Great trail! Had to start at parking lot as road is closed. Total length was 5.2 miles with 1,066 elevation gain. Definitely recommend snow shoes! Would make the snow much easier to navigate but doable without. Awesome trail with few people!

Oh this trail is so beautiful! Currently the trail and road to the trailhead is snowy yet melting rapidly. I drive a front wheel drive car so I parked down below and hiked up to the trailhead. Hiked to lake Agnes and then took the ditch trail down towards the American trailhead and Crags campground. There were no people or tracks given the 5-6 inches of snow. Fun to see moose tracks, lots of deer and bunny, and got to spook an owl in that area. Very peaceful! I suggest wearing hiking boots given the snow and muddy trails.

Moderate about of people on the trial (11am -1 pm) this time of year. bring layers, it's windy. absolutley beautiful lake to hike to. trail was well established and downed trees were place to keep you from wandering off in the wrong direction. trying to get to the trailhead in anything but a truck or suv would be extremely difficult

recorded Recording - Sep 21, 02:34 PM

Beautiful hike, lots of shade. The trail along the lake is all rock on one side so I watch your step. But super cute, loved it.

Brief trail and a good workout. Lovely and not very busy on a Friday. We were two of four people total at the lake. Good place to sit and enjoy the views. Take a picnic and relax.

Perfect short workout. Absolutely gorgeous views at the lake. Bring a lunch and spend some time in the sunshine up top - there’s a lot to look at!

A nice short trail- a little narrow at times! Lots of families with small children and dogs. We got to the trailhead at 9:30am and were able to park but it was full with people parked down the road when we got back about 2 hours later. Beautiful lake- worth the steep trail.

great, short hike up hill but the view is definitely worth it! For someone who hikes in the Midwest and not an avid hiker, I was winded. Definitely a busy trail and small parking lot (which you have to drive up a bit of rough road to get to) so would recommend go early on a weekend.

Great short trail with amazing views at the top. Be prepared for a steady incline and rough ride to the trailhead.

Great short family hike. Both my kids 4 and 7 made it to the lake with no problem. Cooler weather up here, take a jacket just in case. Water levels ah e gone down so it’s possible and to go around the entire lake. My 4 year old wanted go around but couldn’t make it so I put her on my back and we scrambled across the rocks to finish the loop. Scrambling is not bad but watch for loose footing.

Modest incline to the lake. Trail is very well maintained. Getting up to the lake is well worth the effort. There are some nice cut throat trout.

Hiked on July 10. I really enjoyed the views. I will definitely make the trip up again. I was unable to make the loop due to snow. Check out my pics.

Hiked to Lake Agnes before we left State Forest State Park. Got there pretty early in the Morning on a Sunday. Saw maybe four other people besides our group of four. Based on other reviews I'm guessing this place fills up as the day goes on. It was quite peaceful for us, though. Pretty easy hike up to the Lake and then you have to walk through on and around boulders and smaller rocks (don't know the technical term) to complete the loop around the Lake. Saw plenty of Cutthroat Trout in the lake and was treated to an incredible fly-over by a Bald Eagle.

Bring $8 in cash if you don't have a state park pass! Expect off-leash dogs, drones, and broken glass on the ground

So. Many. People. If you’re planning on doing this hike, go either EARLY EARLY morning or on a weekday unless you enjoy hiking with hoards of people and yelling children. However, the lake is very beautiful and it’s a quick, easy hike. Bring bug spray.

We went on 7.25.19. We drove to the trailhead, that drive was a little bumpy at times. The trail itself was marked well at .8 miles to the lake and was clear enough to where I could wear my chacos! The lake was beautiful , you could see a lot of fish at the shore line. The parking lot filled up fast , we were early birds and finished around 9:30am and the parking lot was full by the time we got back. Enjoy hiking !:)

Trail completely dry with no issues. We went around the right side of the lake but got shut down as the water level is high and cannot walk around the shore. We climbed up and over somehow and came out at the beautiful waterfall that is full of wildflowers. No one around as it was somewhat treacherous getting up to this point. If you go around the left side of the lake, you will see the waterfall off to the right and can try to climb up as close as you can get. You will be rewarded with beautiful wildflowers of all types and a great view. We wanted to go even higher but an unstable atmosphere turned us around. Overall a great and fun hike. Logged almost 4 miles so not long but a good work out.