Kineo Mountain via Seven Bridges Trail

Kineo Mountain via Seven Bridges Trail is a 5.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Most of the trail past 7 bridges is clear of ice & snow. Seven bridges trail has a ton of ice & is recommend using micro spikes until spring.
When you get to Jones Park there will be a map & a trail intersecting with 622. The way up Kineo Mountain is to go away from the sign & up the hill almost parallel with a fallen dead tree. The trail is easy to spot once you get about 100 ft from the sign there.

I hiked Kineo as a trip to get used to my backpack for Philmont and it was great! I recommend going in the springtime because you might get a chance to see the snow on Seven Bridges. It’s gorgeous. I’m thankful for the wood arrow at the Kineo trailhead to help show the way. A bit rocky in places.

I summited Kineo today. Microspikes were necessary to make it up, as it was very icey. I wouldn't have made it up Seven Bridges without spikes. I lost the trail on the way up and ended up postholing and scrambling the small boulder field to the right of the trail. The drifts were few and far between but knee deep in some spots. I followed the trail back down. Gorgeous day sauntering in the mountains.

Great hike. Did it at dawn this morning and had the trail to myself. Spur trail to Kineo isn’t well marked but your GPS will help greatly. Aspens were is full fall blaze up there. Return trip down was crowded on Seven Bridges, so get up early if you want solitude.

Just did this as two day overnight hike for the second time packing about 40 lbs.. You will see various areas where others have camped also. The area we picked towards the top had views of the mountains across the canyon. When you want to get away from the crowds this is the place to go. Witnessed a couple meteor showers too. Bonus. Like mentioned by others, watch your footing. Especially with a pack on.

Great views! Trail marker is my only con.

Amazing hike. Trust the GPS. I’ve been exploring Cheyenne canyon all summer and mount kineo is a hidden gem. This is the first hike I’ve had to “record” on all trails to stay on track, I recommend pro+a predownloaded map for this hike. I didn’t keep a close enough eye on my phone during the hike and I ended up getting lost once on the ascent and another time when I started to come down from the summits I attempted once before I summited today, but was unable to discern the 622A/667 split during my first attempt.
Today I left an “arrow” made of sticks pointing to the trail on mount kineo..hope it stays there for a little bit! I will provide a photo

great view from the top

Trust this gps. The trail has many run off trails connected to it. As long as you follow this mapped trail you will have no problem seeing where the actual trail is. After the seven bridges part is done it goes into a rather dramatic elevation change. Beautiful views all the way up.

we did this trail on June 15th. I loved the trail, the river along the way was gorgeous. we made it up past the 7th bridge and the view was amazing. on the way down I slipped on loose gravel and broke my right ankle. my son was able to make a splint for me. we had to make it about a quarter of a mile before we met up with the rescue team. they brought me down the rest of the way. a huge shout out to the fire department and all the volunteers that helped me. they r all top notch people. I'll b back to conquer that trail.

One of my favorite trails in the area! Trail can be a little hard to follow right where it breaks off of seven bridges and up to the summit, but fairly easy to find your way. Read the reviews below in regards to the last intersection. You’ll want to avoid the marked trails straight and to your left and instead head up the mountain to your right where you can see a small trail peaking through the trees. Started from the parking lot at 6:20am and was at the top by 7:45am. I was lucky enough to have the summit all to myself!
***BEWARE of the false summit!! The actual summit is to the right when you think you’re at the top—you know you’re at the summit if you have a 360 view and it’s rocks-not dirt. Definitely recommend going early in the day to avoid both the heat and the crowds at seven bridges.

Really great mountain summit that isn’t heavily trafficked. You’ll hike Seven Bridges - follow the post marked “622” and keep going. You’ll end up in Jones Park just past a bunch of Aspen trees. There is a map posted in Jones Park, from that map turn around and head up the mountain There will be intersecting trails of 622 and 667, don’t take these trails. The trail up Kineo Mnt from Jones Park is hard to see for the 1st 50 yards. Behind that map is a fallen tree - go parallel with this huge fallen tree and you should see the trail after you hike a short distance. It’s only about a 1/2 mile up Kineo Mnt from Jones Park. Once you reach the top you can hike to the summit and up on some rocks to see views of Colorado Springs and Cheyenne Mnt.

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Really great hike! The trail to the summit is NOT marked,
I’m so thankful I read the reviews below to find it at the cross intersection. Besides that, it was glorious! I was the only one at the top!

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Great hike. Just steep enough. Someone should add a Mt. Kineo this way sign at the final intersection. Hiked it in early spring just after a good snow. Amazingggg!

Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Kineo Mountain has a lot to offer. The TH is right up the road from Helen Hunt falls. It is extremely easy to get to in any vehicle. Just complete the Seven Bridges trail route and keep going. You will hit a few spots that are pretty steep but you will be hiking through breathtaking aspens, great views of Cheyenne Canyon, and eventually of Colorado Springs.

The only part that was a little confusing was when you hit a sign for 622 A and 667. Don't take either of those larger trails, there is a smaller trail on the opposite side of the sign, take that one to the summit.
Elevation 9,479 ft.

Monday, October 30, 2017

A beautiful trail from start to finish. The trail to the summit of Kineo Mountain was a little difficult to find, and when we came to the junction of 667 and 622a we were somewhat miffed. We eventually noticed a little worn trail next to a downed tree and with a little read of the contours headed up to find the summit. I annotated a photo and uploaded it for clarification.

Saturday, September 30, 2017

very beautiful hike but very vertical and losts of soft shifting sand and rock.. be super careful and wear good hiking shoes with good grip. I'm glad I had my hiking poles for sure!

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

its a great trail.. a bit hard to follow.. just make sure you follow the "622" trail signs and you will make it to the top.. good one to run

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Is this one trail that leads to Jones Park or Meadow? If yes, then it's a tricky one and you need to channel your inner mountain goat going across the mountain side. Again if it is, it's worth it because the meadow is full of aspens.

Monday, June 05, 2017

Great hike. Only complaint is that it was a little difficult finding the trail for Kineo once past Seven Bridges. My recommendation is to look for a weird corkscrewing tree approx. 10-15 meters off the right once your heading north past SB --OR-- look near all the fallen trees by the 622a trail marker. Good view of C Springs at the summit.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Mt. Kineo was a grueling straight up the mountain hike for approximately 1,000 vertical ft of elevation to a summit of 9435ft. a beautiful view of pikes and the springs awaits. definitely category 2/3 scrambling. bring your best hiking boots and lots of water/food.

Sunday, May 07, 2017

Wednesday, May 03, 2017

I highly recommend this trail.

Sunday, March 12, 2017

The trail can be hard to follow and there are some sketchy spots where you feel you might be blow off the side of the mountain, but a cool trail overall. Maybe leave the dog home, mine made it, but there was some difficult terrain.

Saturday, November 05, 2016

Be careful at the top, very nice views of Pikes peak and surrounding Cheyenne canyon. Go past the seven bridges and another mile or so is the top of Kineo Mountain, to the right.

Monday, September 12, 2016

Continue on Seven Bridges Trail past the seventh bridge for 1 more mile to Kineo Mountain. There is some rock scrambling at the peak but there is a beautiful view of the surrounding peaks.