Jones Pass

Jones Pass is a 6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Idaho Springs, Colorado that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

Quick and easy little trail. Nothing hard at all. Great views from the top. Didn’t need 4WD in the Jeep.

We drove halfway to the summit of the pass 2 weeks ago. There were some campers along the way. The view is great. There were still large snow patches at the top.

Great views and simple road to get up. Doesn't get much better than that

off road driving

First time off-roading. The road wasn't bad at all. Easy to navigate with the 4Runner. The family really enjoyed the views and will go again soon. We went on a Thursday, hardly any traffic. Great time to go the pass.

Went Friday walked up to top and realized we could of just drove up and parked lol... my first ever hike or trail... sat we went back to the top in the minivan and then I climbed from ridge to ridge was awesome

So, I'm still confused as to whether this is a trail or not...

Let me preface this with I hike-- A LOT. I'm not an idiot when it comes to finding trails, and AllTrails showed I was on the correct trail, too. That's why I'm giving this two stars.

I went yesterday, and while there is definitely a sign that says "Jones Pass Trailhead," we parked and looked behind the sign. I didn't see a well-defined trail, so we walked up the road instead. Being as it was our first time there, we thought we were correct. However, we passed a couple parking lots, and cars kept passing us. Is this a driving trail, or is it a walking trail? I still don't know, and after reading these reviews, I'm thinking it's a 4 x 4 road, but other reviews make it sound as if it's a walking trail. SO CONFUSED. We turned around after 2 miles in, because walking on a road, uphill, in blazing sunshine is not my favorite thing, nor do I consider it hiking. I will say there are beautiful views up there, and tons of wildflowers. There's even some water for pups to play in.

Maybe I'll go back, prowl around to sign some more, and see if there's actually a trail there. Until then, 2 stars for you, Jones Pass. If anyone has any clarification on this, please let me know.

Beautiful forest trail. The river has taken over the top end of it. Gorgeous foliage.

This hike is on a road the entire time and had a bit more traffic jam expected.

Sunday, October 02, 2016

Monday, September 26, 2016

This is a beautiful trail... Was able to act like a kid climb rocks and there is a cute stream that follows...