Jim Creek Trail

Jim Creek Trail is a 6.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Winter Park, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hiked 6-13-18.
Trail needs maintenance. Was fine about 2.8 - 3 miles in, but after that there are so many trees fallen that it's extremely difficult to find and stay on the trail. Really hope they clean it up soon because the water fall at the end is fantastic but extremely difficult to reach at the monent

Definitely recommend snow shoes. Just hit this trail yesterday and in some parts, the snow was up to our knees. Great starter trail for a hiking newbie like myself. Not terribly scenic, but still beautiful this time of year with all the snow.

3-29-2018
It was very snowy and this was not an easy trail given the conditions! However, we had so much fun and there were amazing views! Towards the top it would have been beneficial to have snowshoes, but we managed! It took us about 4 hours.

Great to snowshoe in fresh powder. Limited views - not sure I would like it without snow covered trees

3-2-2018
Snow is hard packed and the trail is doable with good boots, but microspikes would be helpful further in. The hard packed snow starts to get more narrow the higher up on the trail you go. Good hike for winter and only saw a handful of other people on a Friday morning. Just watch out for cross country skiers and moose.

This is a lovely little moderate hike in the woods. We clocked it at about 7.6 miles all in starting from the lower parking lot (you can skip this and drive up the forest road to the actual trailhead). Gradually uphill the whole time but nothing too strenuous. A few scenic meadows and views of the CD were the nicest parts. The tail end is in dense muddy forest and the trail is a mess. Small lovely waterfall at the end of the trail. Not very crowded saw maybe 10 people the whole time on a Friday afternoon. Close to town which is great! Road noise dissipates very quickly and you are surrounded by woods.

Great trail to start your hiking adventure. My wife and I did and went another 1/4 mile passed the big fall, recording 10,890 elevation at our turning around point. Great to adventure.

Nice slow ascent, 1200 ft over 3.5 miles or so. Upper half is shady and green with lots Blueberry bushes and mushrooms along the trail. Follows Jim Creek.

Great hike! Highly recommend!

First time using this App so I kind of messed up my first post. This hike was amazing! I am an experienced hiker and brought my brother who is more experienced than me. We had our kids with us and my sister in law who had never been on a hike like this. - 2nd time in Colorado so they were newbies. They LOVED IT!!!Could not have been a better experience. If it's your 1st time, not to worry. You will celebrate at the end as my Loves did! Good luck!

Great trail. Very enjoying!

Beautiful hike! Steady incline, no real steep sections. Put "Jim Creek" into Google Maps and it'll take you right to the trail head. The directions from All Trails will take you to some camp ground in Winter Park. Great place for the pups too if they like water!

This was a very pretty hike. But it was hard to find. The directions from this app took us to right across the highway from WP resort, which added .7 miles to each end of the hike. There is a trailhead, but don't know how to get there. If you start from across from WP resort, take the Challenger or Discovery trails and each will get you to the trailhead.

This trail was so beautiful! A good challenge for any hiking level. The trail maintains a steady incline, but nothing too steep. You follow along a river most of the way, and then are rewarded with a big beautiful waterfall at the end. It was a very hot day, but due to elevation, shade from the trees and the river, it wasn't too hot. Google maps worked for us, took us right to the trailhead, where there's a small parking lot.

This was a great trail! The highlight of our trip. Four adults and four teenaged boys and we all enjoyed it. Several opportunities to get in the river, some snow along the trail, and the waterfall at the end was amazing. I also did a solo trail run the day after our hike. Highly recommend for both!

This was a great hike. Been the highlight of our trip this far. Midway up the kids (boys - 13, 16, 16, 19) and the 4 adults hiked down a short path to the river and played for 30 minutes. Then we proceeded up the rest of the way to the waterfall. It got a little more difficult toward the top but was totally worth it. We also saw two moose along the hike. Just a great day! Was about a 4 hour hike for us including the play time diversions.

nice kept up trail,and great hike for the kids and dogs.

This is a great day hike if you are looking for something SUPER close to WP resort. The trail climbs steadily for 3-4 miles. I wouldn't rate any section harder than moderate. The trail eventually fades and can't be hard to find after 3 miles or so. You can follow the creek up towards tree line where it opens up to some great views. Lots of water the whole way on this hike with some cool waterfall/rapid areas.

Looooved the creek great trail. Hate google maps. We started across from winter park and that added .7 mile to hike try to find real trailhead. Loved hike. Many great spots to view creek.

Views were awesome!

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Fantastic Trail close to town!

Thursday, October 20, 2016

I hiked in snow from the boardwalk all the way to the point where I turned around. Didn't quite make it all the way. Lost a nice fleece-lined wool hat along the way.
It was so quiet and not too difficult. Was exactly what I was hoping for.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

This trail is beautiful! Great views of the creek, meadows and neighboring mountain sides along the way to the waterfall. Easy from the start but moderate for the last half of the trail. Be prepared to get your feet wet as you cross the creek a couple of times. Dog friendly and she loved it! Will definitely be back!

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Great scenic hike

Thursday, September 08, 2016

Great local trail. Not much elevation gain, but there is a great waterfall at the end. The waterfall is small, but you can walk up to the two little ponds created by the waterfall. This is a great trail for running. It is also great for dogs as there is water the whole way. There is some parking further up, past the discovery trail and such, but I recommend getting your miles and just starting from the first trailhead. Good shade, and good vegetation.

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Pretty hike.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Trail is right outside Winter Park. I would rate this trail as easy and then moderate for the last few hundred yards. No real vista to speak of, however there are several meadows along the way that are just gorgeous. Trail ends with a waterfall. This is a great trail for dogs, as there is water the whole way.

Monday, July 25, 2016

Super close to Winter Park which was nice, we didn't want to drive far. A four hour round trip for us, perfect little venture. The first mile was a little boring, a tease because you could hear the river but not see it. The last two miles were great near and over the river and small streams. Great waterfall at the end. The whole trip was A pretty forest green. We will come back with our dog next time, running water, shallow enough not to be scary. :)

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Awesome! Do this hike now! Beautiful time to see the lush greenery and wild flowers. It goes along the creek a lot and ends with a great waterfall. Not too heavy traffic. I'd do this again for sure!

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Great hike with the dogs.