Jim Creek Trail

Jim Creek Trail is a 6.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Winter Park, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This was a great hike. Lots of wildflowers and the falls at the end were beautiful.

Beautiful! Really enjoyed the hike and I didn't mind the fallen trees. Trail was easy to follow. Smells, sounds & views were priceless!

Went Iast weekend with the kids. It was so beautiful! We made it to the waterfall at the top. So worth it. Kids said it was the best day ever.

This trail was nice, but toward the end, it’s now impassable. Lots of downed trees and I lost the trail at the falls. Still, pretty.

Started from Bonfiils Stanton outdoor center parking lot(added .3 miles ) to a beautiful hike! We saw moose! Gets a little tricky crossing the creek in areas! Fallen trees presented no problems. Not many hikers.

Good hike, with a nice waterfall at the end. Plenty of traffic. You have to cross the stream a few times, some fallen trees, but they were being cleaned up and not that big of a deal. Plenty of mud, so I would recommend boots over tennis shoes.

Great!

A good hike, some fallen trees towards end. But passable, some scrambling but nothing hard. Moderately traveled.

make sure you look up the trailhead on google maps. The entry on here may not be correct. It was relatively easy and ended with a rewarding waterfall. The elevation gain is quite manageable and the fallen trees mentioned in the reviews are being overblown: they were easy to avoid and climb over/around.

I would rate it as easy with some portions more difficult. Many fallen trees across path,about mile from end and did not go any further. Could have gone further but did not want to scramble over the many fallen trees.

Agree with last review about the fallen trees. Beautiful hike but was bummed not to complete because of all the fallen trees...became too difficult to navigate. I’d like to try it again later in the season (hopefully) after some maintenance, as I really enjoyed the hike up until then.

Hiked 6-13-18.
Trail needs maintenance. Was fine about 2.8 - 3 miles in, but after that there are so many trees fallen that it's extremely difficult to find and stay on the trail. Really hope they clean it up soon because the water fall at the end is fantastic but extremely difficult to reach at the monent

Definitely recommend snow shoes. Just hit this trail yesterday and in some parts, the snow was up to our knees. Great starter trail for a hiking newbie like myself. Not terribly scenic, but still beautiful this time of year with all the snow.

3-29-2018
It was very snowy and this was not an easy trail given the conditions! However, we had so much fun and there were amazing views! Towards the top it would have been beneficial to have snowshoes, but we managed! It took us about 4 hours.

Great to snowshoe in fresh powder. Limited views - not sure I would like it without snow covered trees

3-2-2018
Snow is hard packed and the trail is doable with good boots, but microspikes would be helpful further in. The hard packed snow starts to get more narrow the higher up on the trail you go. Good hike for winter and only saw a handful of other people on a Friday morning. Just watch out for cross country skiers and moose.

This is a lovely little moderate hike in the woods. We clocked it at about 7.6 miles all in starting from the lower parking lot (you can skip this and drive up the forest road to the actual trailhead). Gradually uphill the whole time but nothing too strenuous. A few scenic meadows and views of the CD were the nicest parts. The tail end is in dense muddy forest and the trail is a mess. Small lovely waterfall at the end of the trail. Not very crowded saw maybe 10 people the whole time on a Friday afternoon. Close to town which is great! Road noise dissipates very quickly and you are surrounded by woods.

Great trail to start your hiking adventure. My wife and I did and went another 1/4 mile passed the big fall, recording 10,890 elevation at our turning around point. Great to adventure.

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Nice slow ascent, 1200 ft over 3.5 miles or so. Upper half is shady and green with lots Blueberry bushes and mushrooms along the trail. Follows Jim Creek.

Monday, August 14, 2017

Great hike! Highly recommend!

Friday, July 21, 2017

First time using this App so I kind of messed up my first post. This hike was amazing! I am an experienced hiker and brought my brother who is more experienced than me. We had our kids with us and my sister in law who had never been on a hike like this. - 2nd time in Colorado so they were newbies. They LOVED IT!!!Could not have been a better experience. If it's your 1st time, not to worry. You will celebrate at the end as my Loves did! Good luck!

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Great trail. Very enjoying!

Monday, July 10, 2017

Beautiful hike! Steady incline, no real steep sections. Put "Jim Creek" into Google Maps and it'll take you right to the trail head. The directions from All Trails will take you to some camp ground in Winter Park. Great place for the pups too if they like water!

Saturday, July 08, 2017

This was a very pretty hike. But it was hard to find. The directions from this app took us to right across the highway from WP resort, which added .7 miles to each end of the hike. There is a trailhead, but don't know how to get there. If you start from across from WP resort, take the Challenger or Discovery trails and each will get you to the trailhead.

Saturday, July 08, 2017

This trail was so beautiful! A good challenge for any hiking level. The trail maintains a steady incline, but nothing too steep. You follow along a river most of the way, and then are rewarded with a big beautiful waterfall at the end. It was a very hot day, but due to elevation, shade from the trees and the river, it wasn't too hot. Google maps worked for us, took us right to the trailhead, where there's a small parking lot.

Saturday, July 08, 2017

This was a great trail! The highlight of our trip. Four adults and four teenaged boys and we all enjoyed it. Several opportunities to get in the river, some snow along the trail, and the waterfall at the end was amazing. I also did a solo trail run the day after our hike. Highly recommend for both!

Friday, July 07, 2017

This was a great hike. Been the highlight of our trip this far. Midway up the kids (boys - 13, 16, 16, 19) and the 4 adults hiked down a short path to the river and played for 30 minutes. Then we proceeded up the rest of the way to the waterfall. It got a little more difficult toward the top but was totally worth it. We also saw two moose along the hike. Just a great day! Was about a 4 hour hike for us including the play time diversions.

Monday, July 03, 2017

nice kept up trail,and great hike for the kids and dogs.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

This is a great day hike if you are looking for something SUPER close to WP resort. The trail climbs steadily for 3-4 miles. I wouldn't rate any section harder than moderate. The trail eventually fades and can't be hard to find after 3 miles or so. You can follow the creek up towards tree line where it opens up to some great views. Lots of water the whole way on this hike with some cool waterfall/rapid areas.

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Looooved the creek great trail. Hate google maps. We started across from winter park and that added .7 mile to hike try to find real trailhead. Loved hike. Many great spots to view creek.