Jess Weaver Trail

Jess Weaver Trail is a 6.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Glenwood Springs, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and nature trips and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1971 feet

From Rifle, go east on I-70 to No Name exit 119 (about 30 miles) Take the exit, turn left and continue .5 of a mile to the parking area and trailhead. The trail is also known as the No Name Trail

Beautiful, warm, spring like day for this excellent hike. There was a little ice lower down and a foot or so of melting snow pack higher up but I didn't need to use any traction assistance today. Much of the incline is south facing so I had the sun on my back most of the way up. The only prints in the snow covered section were mine and various wild life though I passed a couple other people on their way up during my descent. If it gets any warmer than today the bears will wake early!

I wrote a post yesterday but I guess someone didn't want me saying the trail is 8 plus miles long one way.

Really liked this trail, much of which runs running alongside a broad, rapidly flowing stream with lots of small cascades. Primarily a singletrack trail, we had solitude and didn't see anyone else that morning until halfway back. Complaints about being overgrown seem overstated, though certainly there were places the brush was slightly overhanging the path. (I appreciated having long pants.) Elevation gain was a consistent, low incline throughout the hike and not problematic at any point. The waterfall at the end was not majestic like Hanging Lake, but was still a beautiful setting with rushing water.

It's amazing! So beautiful, so chill and so epic.

Beautiful scenery, many places to stop alongside the river and put your feet in the cold water. Good workout, and a way less crowded alternative to Hanging Lake (unless you like hiking with a herd of people). IMHO the views and river were just as pretty and more enjoyable in solitude.

Great view, not crowded.

This is a great waterfall river trail.
Parking completely sucks but there is a beautiful rest area at no name, but this trail is weird because there is a home at the start, but don't be fooled the trail goes passed the house. The river makes everything around it lush and green, easy to stay cool close to the river. Awesome camping spots. A consistent low incline but totally freak worth it.

Lovely trail along the river... though, quite overgrown in areas. We actually continued past the trails end as shown on the app. There is no sign marking the end of the trail. We went as far as a bridge over the waterfalls ... glad we did. Not sure, though where the trail actually ends.

Please if go and park at trail head be considerate only four cars there left no room for anyone else!! When left six fit good with two big trucks!! Not that bad hiking up from rest area except with two dogs and pavement really hot on way back

Awesome hike. Incredibly beautiful!

This is a gorgeous scenic trail! The only reason it doesn't get 5 stars is because stretches of the trail are very overgrown. Closer to 1500ft elevation gain. Parking near the trailhead is sparse (room for 5-7 cars), had to park closer to I-70 and hike up to the trailhead.

So peaceful and beautiful! Easy hike! Everywhere you look and everything you hear is just breathtaking. A sweet free way to stimulate your love for life, the great outdoors, and creative juices!!❤

Beginning hiker. It took me a little over 4 hours to complete. Gorgeous views. Easy in places and steep and rocky in others.

Great trail. Fair amount of shade along trail. Pants recommended due to overgrowth on trail in some places.

Great trail, meanders along no name. A lot of vegetation and rewarding views throughout.

Great trail, fairly steep in places. Awesome views throughout the whole hike. Dog friendly. Parking is limited so get there early.

Steeper than I expected. Rocky. Took us about 31/2 hours. We stopped to enjoy the scenery.

Nice hike even on a relatively hot day. First quarter mile on the road is a little steep but gets more gradual after that. Also a decent mix of shade and sun. Saw numerous butterflies and wildflowers.

This is a great hike! Not many people on the trail. Beautiful waterfalls, wildflowers and a ton of butterflies. Didn't see any wildlife. The trail is further than 5.4. We we turned around at mile 4 but it continued higher.

This hike was great. Wildflowers, butterflies, river scenery, great for dogs.

The only downside was the rough brush along the trail. We were worried about poisonous plants.

Overall very enjoyable. Would hike again.

We enjoyed following the river and all the butterflies. it was nice that it isn't a heavily used path.

Great trail, cool and breezy by the river most of the beginning until you start to really elevate into the mountainside via switchbacks.

Really beautiful hike, good mix of shade and sun! Awesome waterfall!!

Really beautiful hike, good mix of shade and sun! Awesome waterfall!!

Nice easy hike along the river. A little steeper and more narrow of a trail as you head towards the bridge. Beautiful hike in May with lots of water from the Spring melt.

Very serene and scenic trail! Not a hard hike and no real destination but great views the whole time. Secluded trail, barely any people, narrow path with dense forest all around and the creek following the whole way. Perfect for a short walk after Hanging Lakes.

Monday, April 24, 2017

4/22/17 Great hike! No real destination but it's pretty the entire time. We ran into a bear cub on the trail near the water treatment building / dam at the beginning of the hike - held back for a bit and then made a bunch of noise as we made our way past where the cub was. We also saw some bear tracks on the dirt road coming in.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Great hike. Saw a cub cross at the bottom of the trail today - Saturday April 22nd, 2017

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

This was a quiet hike where I didn't see many people which can be nice some times. Not too strenuous.