Jess Weaver Trail

Jess Weaver Trail is a 6.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Glenwood Springs, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, nature trips, and horses and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1971 feet

From Rifle, go east on I-70 to No Name exit 119 (about 30 miles) Take the exit, turn left and continue .5 of a mile to the parking area and trailhead. The trail is also known as the No Name Trail

You ok

Lovely trail, shaded for most but narrow and a lot of brush. The waterfalls are beautiful and most of the walk is along the water with a cool mist. I’m not sure I’d rush back to do again but I did enjoy.

Enjoying a gorgeous early summer hike with my Mountain Buddy!! Life is good!

Conditions were perfect on 5/5/18. Little bit of mud about 4/5 of the way up but it was no issue. Our friend from NZ loved it!

Had a great time on this trail, totally saved our weekend! After being rained/hailed/thunderstormed out at our Plan A close to home, we decided to backpack further away where the weather would be warmer. Initially planned to backpack at the Grizzly Creek Trail but despite the 'backpacking' tag on AllTrails, the sign at the trailhead said no camping. A quick search of the forest service website listed No Name trail as a backpacking area, so we drove a couple miles down Glenwood Canyon and started hiking.

Not a lot of great flat spots for tents along this trail, but we did find a few basic campsites capable of supporting our two tent four person group. We camped about 4 miles in (after the bridge, up the hill a ways). On a beautiful 70 degree weekend, we saw less than 10 people the entire time despite being close enough to hear and see the trail. The trail is always close to the river so water filtering was always a quick walk away. Also dogs are allowed on leash which made our pup a very happy camper! Plan C worked out great!

great trail

The rushing river is nice, as are some of the mountain views on either side of the canyon. That said, be FOREWARNED, the All Trail stats are appear to only cover the distance between the trail head and the bridge. Per the US Forest Service, the trail itself is actually 7.6 miles one way with a 5,000 ft elevation gain. I, unfortunately, learned this the hard way and only looked up the US Forest Service states after being befuddled on how a 6.7 mile hike could have taken me over five hours and left me so exhausted. Here is a more accurate summary of the trail.

Finally, if you are going to go past the bridge, a pair of long pants are advisable a the path is a bit overgrown in spots

Great hike. Soothing water the entire hike.

Beautiful hike along raging white water, dips in and out from forest to rocky terrain. Very good view from back of Canyon at end of trail.

The raging water was great to hear and the trees smelled so good! Beautiful place.

Beautiful, warm, spring like day for this excellent hike. There was a little ice lower down and a foot or so of melting snow pack higher up but I didn't need to use any traction assistance today. Much of the incline is south facing so I had the sun on my back most of the way up. The only prints in the snow covered section were mine and various wild life though I passed a couple other people on their way up during my descent. If it gets any warmer than today the bears will wake early!

I wrote a post yesterday but I guess someone didn't want me saying the trail is 8 plus miles long one way.

Really liked this trail, much of which runs running alongside a broad, rapidly flowing stream with lots of small cascades. Primarily a singletrack trail, we had solitude and didn't see anyone else that morning until halfway back. Complaints about being overgrown seem overstated, though certainly there were places the brush was slightly overhanging the path. (I appreciated having long pants.) Elevation gain was a consistent, low incline throughout the hike and not problematic at any point. The waterfall at the end was not majestic like Hanging Lake, but was still a beautiful setting with rushing water.

It's amazing! So beautiful, so chill and so epic.

Beautiful scenery, many places to stop alongside the river and put your feet in the cold water. Good workout, and a way less crowded alternative to Hanging Lake (unless you like hiking with a herd of people). IMHO the views and river were just as pretty and more enjoyable in solitude.

Great view, not crowded.

This is a great waterfall river trail.
Parking completely sucks but there is a beautiful rest area at no name, but this trail is weird because there is a home at the start, but don't be fooled the trail goes passed the house. The river makes everything around it lush and green, easy to stay cool close to the river. Awesome camping spots. A consistent low incline but totally freak worth it.

Lovely trail along the river... though, quite overgrown in areas. We actually continued past the trails end as shown on the app. There is no sign marking the end of the trail. We went as far as a bridge over the waterfalls ... glad we did. Not sure, though where the trail actually ends.

Please if go and park at trail head be considerate only four cars there left no room for anyone else!! When left six fit good with two big trucks!! Not that bad hiking up from rest area except with two dogs and pavement really hot on way back

Awesome hike. Incredibly beautiful!

This is a gorgeous scenic trail! The only reason it doesn't get 5 stars is because stretches of the trail are very overgrown. Closer to 1500ft elevation gain. Parking near the trailhead is sparse (room for 5-7 cars), had to park closer to I-70 and hike up to the trailhead.

So peaceful and beautiful! Easy hike! Everywhere you look and everything you hear is just breathtaking. A sweet free way to stimulate your love for life, the great outdoors, and creative juices!!❤

Beginning hiker. It took me a little over 4 hours to complete. Gorgeous views. Easy in places and steep and rocky in others.

Great trail. Fair amount of shade along trail. Pants recommended due to overgrowth on trail in some places.

Great trail, meanders along no name. A lot of vegetation and rewarding views throughout.

Great trail, fairly steep in places. Awesome views throughout the whole hike. Dog friendly. Parking is limited so get there early.

Steeper than I expected. Rocky. Took us about 31/2 hours. We stopped to enjoy the scenery.

Nice hike even on a relatively hot day. First quarter mile on the road is a little steep but gets more gradual after that. Also a decent mix of shade and sun. Saw numerous butterflies and wildflowers.

This is a great hike! Not many people on the trail. Beautiful waterfalls, wildflowers and a ton of butterflies. Didn't see any wildlife. The trail is further than 5.4. We we turned around at mile 4 but it continued higher.

This hike was great. Wildflowers, butterflies, river scenery, great for dogs.

The only downside was the rough brush along the trail. We were worried about poisonous plants.

Overall very enjoyable. Would hike again.