Iowa Hill is a 0.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Breckenridge, Colorado that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Cute little loop. As other have mentioned, it’s a nice stop&go walk with kids on the interpretive trail but the signage can get confusing. As long as you’re not in a rush and up for a little exploring, you can take a look down each trail offshoot... most have a neat learning board and mining artifact.

A great trail for kids which allows them to learn about a piece of Breckenridge's mining history. Overall a good hike with the trail switching between easy and easy-moderate terrain.

Close to town. Parking at trailhead if you get there early. It's a short hike but well marked with educational areas along the way describing the gold mining methods using water hydraulic equipment.

I would not recommend this for families. My husband and I thought we would take our 2,4,6,8 and grandparents on this easy .6 hike. We intended to do a trail run first and scope it out. Right from the start it’s a pretty steep grade that never really flattens out. The signage is confusing. Still don’t understand what is .6 because we did a loop that was just under a mile... 1/2 of which way all up hill. Not that interesting of a mining scene relative to sites if seen before. I give it 3 stars because it was a good workout and great views of Breck but not for little kids.

Took the grands, 11, 9, 6, 5, and 4 for a great little hike. It's a short hike but lots of old gold mining equipment to see. Interpretive signs are posted all along the trail.

We went on the trail with 3 years old and 5 years old. They did great and enjoyed the hike very
much. We finished in about 1.5 hours with stop and go pace. Great trail for kids with many old mining structure along the way.

Nice trail for kids. Quick and fun historical facts. It was a little steep for my 4 year old but my 8 and 11 year olds loved it.

Great trail to do with the kids. At some points it was confusing on which way to go and we ended up in a subdivision. Amazing views! Over all we would do it again!

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Short hike with easy accessibility. Lots of old mining artifacts. Nice little walk close to town!,

Monday, July 03, 2017

A little climbing. Lots of mining equipment.

Saturday, June 03, 2017

This is hike is like a walking outdoor mining museum. It's a great kid hike, too, because it's easy, and there are numerous interesting mining items spread throughout the hike.

Sunday, October 09, 2016

Its very hight, long and steep

Friday, October 07, 2016

Short hike with some interesting mining sights.

Friday, September 30, 2016

Another nice one to break in the kids that aren't used to anything like this. Less than 2 miles round trip, basically an up and down, with cool old mining ruins. Beautiful view and beautiful section of the woods but a drop in the bucket compared to what the surrounding areas have to offer

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

A lot more climbing than we expected.

Saturday, June 21, 2014

This was the first trail I hiked with my family in Breckenridge to become acclimated to the new elevation (we came from just above sea level a few days earlier). The trail was well marked up until we got to the road where there were many private houses. It took us about 30 minutes to get up to this road, while stopping every so often. I recommend this hike for anyone looking for something simple to hike in the morning. There’re some points of interest along the way and some history while you walk up the ridge.

Thursday, September 05, 2013

Hiked this in the fall so the aspens were beautiful against the blue sky. Easy hike but fun to learn about the mining that created Breckenridge.

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Good interpretative trail with old mining exhibits and explanation.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

If I had an interest in early mining I may have enjoyed it more. As it is, I learned a few tid bits about the local mining history. Sadly, it seems many worked hard to make a few rich. The hike itself was easy and brief: 30 minutes to complete in addition to reading the interpretive signs.

Friday, September 23, 2011

cool, recreated mining relics and cabin at top of hill. just across from school on airport road. good trail running, or one for the tourists. need snowshoes after snow falls