Intemann Trail

Intemann Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Manitou Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail was a fun family activity. Narrow path, have to move to side of path even to walk by people. Most dogs are off leash, not a fan and dog poop on trail. We went off marked trail and got on another side trail which led to some great views, which was the highlight, so I guess we're rating 4 stars to the off trail route.

The trail was fine, but not as kid-friendly as I’d hoped. We only did about half of the out-and-back with our 7 year-old and two 3 year-olds. Most of the trail we saw was in a ridgeline. The drop-off to the side was never a sheer drop, but we didn’t feel comfortable letting the young ones get out of arm’s reach. That’s not as much fun for them or us. It was also difficult to yield to the handful of mountain bikers we met. There are some nice vistas along the way, and apparently the trail links up with Section 16 at some point.

Saturday, August 19, 2017

I have to admit I did not finish. I just got bored. But if you like Rocky Mountain climbs with brush, you will enjoy some nice views. Trail starts off in forest, crosses a stream and past a small waterfall. But it very quickly becomes rocky desert terrain.