Idaho Springs Reservoir Via Chicago Lakes Trail

Idaho Springs Reservoir Via Chicago Lakes Trail is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Idaho Springs, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This was the first hike I did when I moved to Colorado and it did not disappoint. Back in September, it was warm and the leaves were just beginning to change. Definitely worth going all the way up to Chicago Lake, it reminded me of the Maroon Bells in Aspen, but closer to Denver.

Didn't make it. There's quite a bit of snow and we couldn't find the trail

Highly recommend! Very easy hike with great views!

Great hike. I started at 9:30 and there was barely anyone on the trail on my way out to the reservoir. Some more people when I headed back though. I was going to try and hike to Chicago Lakes, but it was going to be longer than what I wanted to do today.

A little bit of ice in spots, but not bad at all. Would be great to go up soon before the snow hits. Total took about 2 hours.

Absolutely gorgeous hike. Just the right amount of difficulty. Definitely bring layers and lots of water because the temp can change quickly. Went last weekend when it was warmer so the temp may be dramatically different now though. Great trail for dogs too, but should be in decent shape to make a few of the more difficult climbs. Will definitely be doing this one again!

Beautiful views and moderate trail. Only downside was the trail around the reservoir is gone. I tried hiking around and ended up in a lot of brush and smelly mud!