Horsetooth Falls and Horsetooth Rock Trail

Horsetooth Falls and Horsetooth Rock Trail is a 5.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Fort Collins, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1 hour ago

the scenery was very pretty, but we had actually gone to see the waterfall. unfortunately it look like somebody was running a water hose over a rock.

good hike, its not very hard. we went today in the light rain and still wasnt disappointed. i didnt go under the waterfall but I reccommend it if u have extra clothes :)

It was a great hike. We took South ridge trail up and unfortunately did not it make it to falls. on the way down. The trails are a little confusing definitely study the trails before you go up. The top is pretty tough you definitely have to be ready to scale some rocks. We hiked 7 miles total. There is a water fountain at the trailhead, even a bowl fountain for dogs!

Amazing views at top of rocks!! Loved this hike hard enough to be a good workout but not too hard for me. Wouldn’t bring dog to the very top.

It was a great trail to take my kids on. My daughters loved climbing on the rocks. The view from the top of horsetooth was amazing!

Really easy, but we usually encounter snakes, so not my favorite.

This is a really cool hike. My friend and I were looking for something to do in the evening. With horsetooth rock only being a 30 minute drive out of Fort Collins. It was the perfect option. the scenery was very cool and the local deer are very friendly. It's not a hard hike, however when getting to the horsetooth you do have to scramble up the rocks which could be difficult for some. Overall a very fun hike and much recommended!

Great hike. The first 3/4 has no shade and today was clear skies and 84.After that beautiful views, breezy, well maintained trails and more shade.

It was amazing a scenic adventure great for kids an awesome first hike!

beautiful get away

Love this hike! Have fun!

Loved this hike. It was somewhat hard to find w/Google Maps. Ignore Google directions. Do not turn onto Riverside, keep on hey to entrance

This time of year the crowds are out daily, not just on the weekend. Get there early for good parking. After you hike to the falls, take Spring Creek trail to see a pretty little valley and lots of birds (if you go early in the morning). Lots of wildflowers are out right now, too. Because it's breeding season, you'll have to turn up Soderberg trail where it intersects Spring Creek since the rest of Spring Creek trail is blocked from use right now. You can either hike up to the tooth or head back to the parking lot from there. Great hike!

Great little loop! It helped to have the map because some of the signs San be confusing. Absolutely gorgeous views. If you are an out of towner, take it slow.

Great hike!

Hiked this on 5/20/2018 in light rain. The horsetooth peak scramble was a bit sketchy in the rain and would not recommend doing this unless you are confident with your walking. Good view from down low, but at summit was in the rain cloud and couldn't see anything. Still very cool.

Enjoyed this hike even though it was hot!! We went in the morning so not too bad. Well maintained path. Last part was the best! Walking up the rocks!

Easy family hike, lots of people.

Easy, short trail that is doable for anyone. The falls are most active in the spring during the snow melt.

Nice trail that will take you up to 7000 ft

Great views of both Fort Collins and RMNP from the top.

This was the first time my 16 year old daughter and I have gone hiking, but my 18 year old son has been on several CO mountain trips. We managed just fine with trail running shoes, alternating walking and jogging, so I would guess that this is more easy-moderate than moderate-hard.Then again, we're all three long, long distance runners, so that could have helped a bit. We veered off and did some rock climbing, as well. Beautiful views, very quiet on a Monday afternoon, and overall a great introduction to hiking for us.

This trail is really beautiful! It passes by the falls, as well as a number of stream sightings that feed the falls. The Spring Creek portion of this trail was closed yesterday(no specific reason listed), so we had to take the soderburg trail instead which also offered some amazing views and intersects with the Horsetooth rock trail. When we got up to the top of the rock there was an intense fog rolling in and out around us. . .kind of gave the illusion that the mountains we're breathing. 3 1/2 hours start to finish with some time spent on top. Well worth the $6 entry fee!

I started late - 4pm on 4/07/18. A few people on the way to the falls but not a single soul after. Great weather; low 40's to start high 30's at finish. Trail was in great shape and this hike was far more rewarding than I expected.
After the falls, I started up Springcreek only to be turned around about a 1/4 mile up at the Soderberg connection: springcreek closed til the wathan connection. That turned out to be a blessing as I backtracked and took Stout (going from memory here) to Herrington back to wathan over to Horsetooth Rock. loved all the scenery esp. wathan and Horsetooth Rock. finished after 8 using a headlamp for a bit. def. coming back for some more.

Pretty good views, would recommend hiking boots, or something with some ankle support. We saw several deer, but the falls were barely flowing (not sure what the normal rate is though)

Love this hike! We do it quite often. Go early to avoid the crowds

What an awesome hike! We were planning on doing the whole loop shown above, but a portion of the trail was closed (3/24) where Wathan meets Spring Creek. We used Herrington/Stout to get back to the parking lot, but it did end up being a very long hike. Worth it for the views!

The trail was awesome, this app sucks. I'm not a stupid person, but I've yet to get it to actually record something correctly.