Horsetooth Falls is a 2.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Fort Collins, Colorado that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.2 miles Elevation Gain: 393 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Note: Day Pass Fee $9

recorded Horsetooth Falls

Second time I’ve encountered rowdy people, and littering.

Beautiful trail! Hiked up to the ridge, then ran down to the falls. The ridge is 100% worth the climb! 360 views. The falls were minimal but it was a nice beautiful trail. Got here at 630am and parking lot was almost full. Would not do on a hot day. Adding to my favorites!

I loved this route. First I went to the top of Horsetooth Falls. It took me on the edge of the mountains above Horsetooth Reaervoir. Then I looped back and went to Horsetooth Rock before going back to the trailhead. There was a bigger rattlesnake about a mile form the trailhead.

Easy & family friendly. Went on Fri afternoon and there were lots of people

Gorgeous short hike to falls. Sweet Ponderosas along the way. Crowded; wouldn’t come on a weekend.

fee

Cool place but usually packed. Most of the time there are quite a few children playing in the water which is no biggie but forewarning the folks who want to avoid loud children. I suggest to avoid it being busy.. just come early in the morning. No doubt it’s a cool waterfall but I usually take the trail but skip past the falls because it’s busy when I go in the afternoons. Went here during the winter and it was great and empty

very crowded on saturday, it was hard to find a spot. some parts of the trail were muddy, but nothing excessive. saw lots of wildlife including 7 deer, a stellar jay, and a wild turkey!

I did this with my 8 & 10 year old kids and it was a pleasant quick little hike. I remember taking it as a kid myself and it was so nostalgic to revisit the trail which is virtually unchanged. We really enjoyed going to the top of the waterfall then going to the bottom of it to have some snacks before turning back. It took us about 45 min each way so about an hour and a half round trip. Definitely super easy and fun.

If you’ve done it you know, short little hike, good for after work. No snow or mud left from last weeks storm.

This was my first hike so I don’t really have anything to compare it to. I’m a bigger person so it was a little tough for me but definitely worth it in the end.

fee

9$ parking fee but the views are worth it!

fee

Very foggy we went to try and catch the sunrise. Part of the trail was closed so we had to go the long way but so glad we did. So much beautiful scenery and lots of birds and deer! Great him. 8 miles.

Scenic

icy

Awesome trails! Even better in the summer but I decided to hit the trail on one of the warmer days of spring so everything was melting and there was lots of mud. Not a hard hike by any means.

icy

Very muddy today on with patchy snow on north-facing slopes. My pace was way off due to conditions and loss of conditioning but good views and interesting flow at the waterfall. Probably going to be mud season for quite some time if this weather holds. So, come prepared.

icy

Nice hike, trail is real muddy though and slippery in spots. Most of the trails in the area are closed today because of all the warmth & snow melt, but this is one of the open ones!