Horseshoe Trail to Frazer Meadow

Horseshoe Trail to Frazer Meadow is a 3.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Golden, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, camping, and nature trips and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.8 miles Elevation Gain: 944 feet Route Type: Out & Back

icy

We did a beautiful hike up horseshoe Trail to Fraser meadow and then coyote Trail to gap Road. About 7 miles and 1500 vertical feet. The trail was completely covered with snow and many portions of ice. We wore micro spikes the entire way. Beautiful snow covered trail and surroundings! Highly recommend 1/17/20

Great trail! We took the Horseshoe loop up which was nice a low elevation gain. The return was Bear Paw Trail which was much more scenic, fun and challenging! I would do Bear Paw again maybe Horseshoe Loop only if camping. It was icy today on Bearpaw- needed spikes. Great day!

icy

Hiked Sunday afternoon. Microspikes and trekking poles. Trail had a couple of inches of fresh snow, under that was packed down and icy in places. It was getting late, so I only went just past the campsites, where snow was not as packed. I was the only person on the trail.

Fresh snow today, we snowshoed the whole way. Deep in parts had to blaze the trail. Others were in hiking shoes but we were glad to have our snowshoes.

Lovely hike on the way up to meet Frazer Meadow. I forked left at the lollipop and passed the burned-down cabin on my right-hand side. At the northern part of the loop where several trails met, there was no signage as to where to pick up the horseshoe loop trail to descend, apart from a sign that pointed to head straight for "Horseshoe Loop and Service Road". This took me to a service road, off-trail, which wasn't marked on the park map, and I lost 35 minutes of time heading down a service road and then double-backing to retrace my steps the way I came up. When I told the Visitor Center attendant, he said he would mention the lack of signage to the Park Ranger. An older AllTrails review mentions to pick the loop up at the sign for the Natural Spring, but it's misleading because that sign said that the trail ends at the Natural Spring in .2 miles. Would love to hear from someone who completed the loop successfully, as the trail is very beautiful and I would like to enjoy it a second time.

Great trail to hike with dogs, already small amount of snow on parts of trail. Fall colors already passed but still beautiful and would be a great trail to see the Aspens change next year.

Great trail! Beautiful, Aspen tree-lined. Cute small bridges here and there. Just passed a couple people with their dogs, not crowded at all. Great workout too with a few rocky steeper spots here and there. All around great hike!!

I ran this trail on 10/07. The trail is completely lined in aspens so I cannot even imagine how beautiful it would be with all the leaves on. Sadly today most leaves had already fallen did the trees! Still a very nice trail though! Pretty rocky on the first 1.4 miles and once you get to the area by the campsites it is pretty sandy.

Good parking, well marked, beautiful leaves!

Very crowded, but with beautiful foliage. Easy trail.

This trail is so beautiful!

Nice hike with some steep sections and some easy flats, aspen leaves are gorgeous right now!

amazing leaves and all sorts of different terrain

aspens are in full bloom!

Aspens are peaking around the meadow. Simply gorgeous at sunset

Beautiful fall colors on this Saturday morning hike! Parking was full by 9 AM. Trail was kinda busy but, we still enjoyed most of the hike on our own.

Really enjoyed this. We went around noon and it was busy. Payed $8 at the visitors center and were lucky to find a parking spot. Ended up going up Black bear and cutting over to horseshoe. Wasn’t super crowded but definitely passed some people...very dog friendly. Aspens are yellow...not peak season yet but still beautiful! FYI not incredibly well marked. I was glad we had a map.

Hiked this trail today. After paying the $8 day pass fee, we had ample parking in the small lot at 8 am. Aspens have stated to yellow. Didn’t see many people on the trail. After the steady uphill grade for the first mile and half or so, it leveled out and was flat or downhill for the reminder. Nice easy hike close to Denver.

Aspens are yellowing some but still not in full colour. Trail was nice and quiet at 8am but filled up fast afterwards.

Good choice if you want to hike within an hour of Denver and don't have time for a long day. Easy gradual climb through the aspens. In about a week they'll be spectacular.

September 90 in last year, I had a hiking here, and really enjoyed yellow leaves! I made a youtube for the last visit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89k8tpxi0ww

very pretty hike through the Aspens ☺️

Not a ton of traffic...good for a 90-120 min hike. Clean...well marked too. A bit of loose rock for the first mile after the parking area.

Made it up to Frazier Meadow, love that place!

Came up with the Schwab Klan. A Buddy and 2 kids. Great hike. Endless amounts of views. Plus we saw a Moose!

Great trail! Well marked and lots of shade. Very fun for my puppy too. Not a climatic end to the hike but the last bit in the meadow was deliteful and filled with wildflowers

We hiked this trail on a Friday, starting about 1030. Parked at the Horseshoe Trailhead, there was plenty of parking at that time. Bathroom at trailhead. The trail is mostly wooded and shaded, very pleasant even on a hot day. The first mile is very rocky footing and steady incline, but not too difficult. The footing is more challenging on the down slope because of all the rocks. I would agree this is a moderate trail. Lots of pretty wildflowers. Very peaceful climb to the meadow.