Horseshoe Trail to Frazer Meadow

Horseshoe Trail to Frazer Meadow is a 4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Golden, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and camping and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We are going to go back when the aspens change because they were everywhere! Its a beautiful hike!

This is a great hike, but be warned, it's a steady incline the entire way up.

Well marked, easy to find but not too many people. Plenty of shade and dog-friendly.

This trail was great. It wasn't crowded at all and a nice serene hike!

One of my favorite trails! Never disappoints. Beware of ticks. After reading the reviews on the Burro trail to Windy Peak, we became aware of ticks and were on the lookout for them. We sat down for lunch for maybe 5 minutes, and within that time, the 1 yr old, 6 yr old, and the Dad all had one tick crawling on their legs. Luckily none stuck. We were all tick free when we came home.

Very nice hike for me, my wife and our not-completely-into-it 12 y.o. A gentle grade, almost all in trees, opening to alpine meadows.

This was a good walk in the spring/winter. Frazer meadow is not clearly marked and we couldn't find a loop to come back To the trailhead, so we walked back down the same way

Trails are terribly marked and signage is confusing

Beautiful trail - even in the dead of winter It is almost a continuous, but fairly gradual, ascent until .2 miles before the meadow. Rocky for the first mile...then leaves and dirt. Parts of the trail were muddy or snow packed, but my friends made it up and back without yaktraks (they slipped a couple of times, but never fell. I wore some clamp-ons and felt very sure-footed. The patches of white snow amongst the brightening green ground cover and evergreens was lovely. I'll definit3ely hike this trail at least once per season.