Horseshoe Trail to Frazer Meadow

Horseshoe Trail to Frazer Meadow is a 4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Golden, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and camping and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This was a good walk in the spring/winter. Frazer meadow is not clearly marked and we couldn't find a loop to come back To the trailhead, so we walked back down the same way

Trails are terribly marked and signage is confusing

Beautiful trail - even in the dead of winter It is almost a continuous, but fairly gradual, ascent until .2 miles before the meadow. Rocky for the first mile...then leaves and dirt. Parts of the trail were muddy or snow packed, but my friends made it up and back without yaktraks (they slipped a couple of times, but never fell. I wore some clamp-ons and felt very sure-footed. The patches of white snow amongst the brightening green ground cover and evergreens was lovely. I'll definit3ely hike this trail at least once per season.

We hiked this trail on 9/25/16, and the aspens and colors were absolutely amazing. We went with the dog, who did this hike no problem. The only drawback of this hike was that it was very crowded, but we knew it would be, because of the fall colors and because it was a weekend.

I love this trail! It's a must for me in fall and spring. My pup and I hiked this trail today beginning at 745/8 and we hardly saw anyone until our way down - which is always a plus and impossible to find on a Saturday!! The beginning of the hike starts with rocky inclines but after a give or take mile it really tapers off so keep going. The meadow is gorgeous and the aspens have all changed making it a picture perfect spot. To make this hike much longer (and a good bit harder) hike past the meadow through to the other edge of the park then up to panorama point via mule deer/coyote. We did this today as well and while it's not at all as pretty or easy a trek as the trail listed here it is a good workout that adds on a few hours if you're looking for a "true" half day hike. Caution though, I wouldn't recommend going through this trail to panorama with little kids as once you get on mule deer/coyote it's open to mountain bikers. Also word to the wise, the visitor center and pay booth weren't open when we arrived so we had to grab a pass with an envelope. Luckily I had the $7 in cash but remember this if you're planning to go early like I did. Also, dogs have to be on leash and I advise you to follow that rule but it's perfectly okay to snap them off for quick photos like I did :)

There are a few parking areas before the trail head. We parked at one that started at bear paw trail and lead to horseshoe trail about .25 miles in. The trails are clearly marked and often. The inclines are not steep perfect for dogs and children. The view of the meadow with all the fall colors in beautiful!