Horseshoe Trail to Frazer Meadow

Horseshoe Trail to Frazer Meadow is a 4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Golden, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The trail was very nice. It was a gradual climb the whole way, but I think the first mile was steepest. The trail has decent shade, and is in pretty good shape. I will say though that the trail is very poorly marked at the north end. The more northeastern trail heading back toward the trailhead passes by the natural spring, but none of the signs will tell you that. On the bright side, if it weren't for the poor signage, I wouldn't have walked the wrong way and seen a moose.

This trail I would call easy. Someone said it was shady which it was not. Probably depends on the time of day. Was very sunny and hot. Also the trail is not marked well. We missed the turn off and ended up doubling the distance of our hike.

A very beautiful and shady trail. A great one for beginner trail runners. It is $7.00 for a day pass to the park. The station opens at 8am on the weekends. The last review about ticks was not a lie. I picked off two by the end of the loop. Just tuck your socks into your pants and do a good check when you get home.

A beautiful hike through endless Aspen trees. Feels like you're in a wooded paradise.

If it's a hot day in Denver, it won't be much of an escape from the heat here. Nice easy hike though, with options to connect with other trails. Maybe if I do it again I'll target a cooler month. Fall hike here would be fantastic as there are aspens out the wazoo on the upper section of the hike

We are going to go back when the aspens change because they were everywhere! Its a beautiful hike!

This is a great hike, but be warned, it's a steady incline the entire way up.