Horseshoe Trail to Frazer Meadow

Horseshoe Trail to Frazer Meadow is a 4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Golden, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This was a pretty easy trail; easy to get to & easy to navigate. Last week when I hiked it a lot of leaves had already fallen but it was still pretty nonetheless. You won't gain a lot in elevation and most of that is at the beginning before you get to the sign.

Beautiful trail full of aspens! The meadow at the end is worth the walk too. Pretty steady incline all the way there but nice breeze and lots of pretty trees.

Beautiful hike to see the aspens!

Fabulous fall colors right now! Great for dogs. Took the Blackbear trail on the way back which was a lot steeper and narrower and had to help our little dog through several sections but great views. Also, please keep your dogs on leash people--I'd hate for the park service to restrict access to dogs because some people don't follow the rules.

Great hike during the fall! Very rocky and steeper incline in first mile but great views.

Beautiful fall hike & tons of fall foliage.

We only hiked about one mile out and one mile back - never made it to the Meadow but it was a well marked trail surrounded by pine and Aspen trees. We hiked this beautiful trail mid morning on a Tuesday in late August. Only saw a few hikers. There was a stream along the path which our dog enjoyed. Uphill going and downhill returning- it was a fairly rocky path which is why it's probable considered moderate. I have a few joint and foot problems but I could work around the rocks and used my hiking poles to negotiate the downhill portion.
Definitely want to do this hike again.

The trail was very nice. It was a gradual climb the whole way, but I think the first mile was steepest. The trail has decent shade, and is in pretty good shape. I will say though that the trail is very poorly marked at the north end. The more northeastern trail heading back toward the trailhead passes by the natural spring, but none of the signs will tell you that. On the bright side, if it weren't for the poor signage, I wouldn't have walked the wrong way and seen a moose.