Hope Lake Trail

Hope Lake Trail is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Telluride, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

We have a Honda Pilot SUV....Can we drive up the dirt road in our Honda or do we need a jeep?

Absolutely gorgeous but NOT EASY. The first part is relatively flat but the switch backs after that are very steep and rocky in many places. My pedometer said almost 7 miles (from parking lot and 100 floors climbed). The service road in was fine compared to others in the state and it was easy to find and not that crowded for a Saturday. Definitely a beautiful trail but I wish I had prepared a little better since it sounded pretty leisurely when I read about it.

Awesome trail! Definitely not easy!

Beautiful views! But definitely an uphill climb with lists of switch backs. Harder than it sounds.

Very nice hike. Beautiful wildflowers.

I took my 10 year old on this trail yesterday (July 2017). He loved it! It was the perfect length for him. He wore out right at the end. I do recommend waterproof shoes as you have to cross a couple streams. Nothing too deep and very easy to cross. Barely got my shoes wet. As well there are a few muddy areas. -Overall though it was gorgeous and very doable for this Mom and kid who aren't in very good shape at all.