Hogback Ridge Trail

Hogback Ridge Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Boulder, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

I did not find it easy, because of the extended uphill climb. For me, it's more like moderate:) Beautiful views,

This trail is relatively short but still beautiful. As others have stated, I also would consider this moderate instead of easy. We saw so much wildlife - prairie dogs, rabbits, several deer including a buck, and even a coyote. It was lovely to see so much animal activity, probably due to the fact that there were very few people out on the trail. Perfect for a relaxing evening hike.

Nice views from on top

Great after work hike! I would rate it moderate, it's pretty steep and gets your heart pumping.

I'd definitely put this trail as moderate, especially if you go left at the fork. Cool views over Boudler from a different angle, and got to see some Coyotes frolicking in the field! No shade for most of this trail, water & sunscreen is a must.

Great convenient hike, best part is you can see your car in the lot for most of the hike. Great front range views. Going off to the left makes this hike moderate in my opinion, not easy. Plenty of mule deer and whistle pigs to see on the way.

I would say this trail is between easy and moderate. we took left fork going up and elevation rose quickly. Others hikers suggested going the right fork for easier climbing-that's probably a good call!

Thursday, July 14, 2016

It was a lot of up which was a good little cardio workout but also not very exciting. Trail is pretty rocky so wish I had worn more than just tennis shoes. Don't really care to repeat.