Historic Ashcroft Ghost Town

Historic Ashcroft Ghost Town is a 0.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Aspen, Colorado that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from April until October.

historic site

Please Note: Dogs are not allowed at Ashcroft Ghost Town. There is a $5 admittance fee to the ghost town part of the trail while in season ( mid-June through mid-September).

Ghost town is neat but we went last weekend and were charged $5 a person to walk to the buildings and also our pup was not allowed otherwise I would have rated higher. We weren’t able to do the trail since we weren’t going to leave her in the car.

Make sure to go on the river run trail. You can access it just past the two story hotel building. Nice easy trail mostly along the river. Some posted pictures are from this hike.

Friday, August 19, 2016

Was the best preserved ghost town I've seen (Until I went to Bodie) Still worth it if your in the area, great place to get some fall color shots, Castle Creek has great color if you hit it right

Friday, July 10, 2015