Highland Mary Lake Trail

Highland Mary Lake Trail is a 5.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Silverton, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Highland Mary Lakes is a series of high altitude lakes, tarns and awesome views. You can catch the Continental Divide trail from above the lakes, consider a day hike up and back or an overnight, but don't camp on the lake, instead camp a bit away from the edges of the lakes for minimal impact.

I would have given it a 5 star if I would have made it to the lake. The trail, although fairly well marked, got confusing and instead of heading to the lake I made my way back into some pretty thick brush and mud. Took about 30 minutes longer and had to run down because of the storm coming. I will definitely do this earlier in the day and now know the location of the lake. The waterfalls are absolutely stunning on this hike and made it worth it for me...my dog loved the river too, there were several places she could hop in along the way. I would definitely call this an easy to moderate trail, a little muddy on the creek bed so your feet will get wet in the wrong shoes.

Way harder than other "moderate" hikes we've done but it was a great hike!

Great hike that follows a creek to the lakes. Small amount of bouldering. Took us about 3 hours.

nice climb

Recommended

Nice climb , easy going. Loved the views from the top!

Friday, July 31, 2015

Its ranked #9, but i don't know way. This hike is amazing and it can easily be made into a loop by combining the CDT. Similar to Ice Lakes hike minus the big crowds.

Sunday, March 01, 2015

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Beautiful high alpine loop hike. Magnificent scenery all around. Trails are are elevation but not difficult to negotiate. Route finding is relatively straightforward. Saw very few people but it was low season.

Lots to explore if you've got the time.

Ed

Thursday, July 12, 2012

For years I heard that Highland Mary Lakes was beautiful, but crowded. I backpacked in the area for 5 days and saw very few people except for day hikers along the Continental Divide trail. The landscape was awesome, as were the summer monsoons. The views are great and with wildflowers were prolific.