Hidden Mesa Trail via S Pleasant View Dr.

Hidden Mesa Trail via S Pleasant View Dr. is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Franktown, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice trail!

Pretty cool. Amazing flowers and views.

This time of year, the prairie dogs weren't out at all. Last time we literally saw hundreds. Easy hike and great views of Pikes Peak from mostly the west side north to south. At several points, you can see from Pikes Peak on the south to beyond Longs Peak to the north. Views to the east are mostly looking down at farmland toward Franktown. Visibility was great the whole time. Plan to take g-kids out there soon.

Flat, open trail with rocky mesa areas and no shade made for a hot hike but it wasn't bad. Watch out for rattlesnakes though!! We were warned of that by people that live in the area so it kind of deterred us from exploring the mesas too much.

I'd avoid on really hot days as there is no shade but it has nice views along the rim and was a pretty easy walk.

this is a very open prairie. not good for a hot day if you're on foot.

Beautiful views

Great for mountain biking. Pretty easy except the rim trail is moderate and very fun to learn how to ride on cliffs/rocks. We had 2 close encounters with rather large rattlers, so watch for them. My son had to bail off his bike and front tire ended up beside snake ready to strike but fortunately neither snake nor boy was injured.

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Not the best there's not much of a view and I almost got lost for a hot minute this trail should really consider a few post signs leading to the parking openspace lot other then that nothing special

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Great bike track. Some rocks to go over on the loop. Great views to the east and of Pikes Peak off in the distance.

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Short walk or pretty awesome spot for late evening bike rides, rattle snakes are a slight issue, just keep an eye on your pets.

Friday, June 09, 2017

Very easy. Used for bikes

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Great views. Not ideal for dogs since there are snakes and no shade or water (be sure to bring some for dogs on hot days).

Friday, March 10, 2017

Saturday, October 22, 2016

A really nice run! I accessed the trail from Parker Rd near Franktown and all told it was about a 6 or so mile loop out and back. Great views. I ran it early so aside from a couple bikers and one or two fellow runners, I pretty much had the trail all to myself.

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Nice easy hike for a Monday afternoon. Well marked trail. Low traffic. Nice views of the surrounding area. Hidden definitely is a good description of this trail.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Pretty straight forward. Dogs enjoyed cherry creek as always

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

I loved this hike but it just felt like it kept going on and there's not much shade

Monday, July 25, 2016

Very flat trail! Great for running or for an easy hike!

Monday, May 30, 2016

Fantastic!!! Great trail!

Wednesday, May 04, 2016

nice place

Monday, April 11, 2016

This is a well maintained trail. It seems like this trail is primarily used for mountain biking. Easy hike but on a Saturday we were constantly moving to the side for bikers.

Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Easy flat. Pretty views. Great place for picnic.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

The rim loop is great for mountain biking I would say it is moderate level as there are some obstacles and it's more then just a dirt path. I would not recommend this loop for hiking as there are a lot of cyclists going fast on narrow paths with blind corners. If you access the trail from Parker Rd it is much longer and lost of hills! Watch out for rattle snakes!

Saturday, July 11, 2015

This was a fun trail and challenging for my 4 year old. Lots of bikes passing on skinny trails. Overall there was a lot to see and many opportunities to stop and check out the scene. Prairie dogs and birds and lots of harmless insects along the trail chirping away! Butterflies and dragonflies floating in a breeze across the tall grass and Mesa flowers, darting on and off the trail.
Quite an enchanting trip with my family. Cannot wait to get back for a run!

Friday, June 26, 2015

I love this trail! I have done it about 10 times, I am a hiker and getting into trail running, this trail is my training ground. Minimal elevation gain, but is rocky in some parts. There are a few colonies of prairie dogs here which add to the delight. The only thing to be careful of are rattlesnakes, I have not seen one yet but other people I talked to that frequent the trail say to be mindful of where you are stepping.

Sunday, February 08, 2015

New to Colorado and enjoying the whole walking / hiking life. This trailhead is actually about 1.5 miles from where the in-app directions have you park. We had a pace counter with us and the full walk to and from the car including the mesa loop was listed at 12 miles.
After you park the vehicle you walk through a slight down sloped field towards a creek which you cross using a good bridge. Now you have arrived at Cherry Creek trail, which is concrete paved path running north and south. You will turn north and walk slightly uphill for a bit.
After the uphill stroll you arrive at a "T" intersection with some trail information. By the way, you are not on The Trail yet. So turning left/west you walk further with a gradual incline and seeing a flat top plateau in the distance - that is where the trail and trailhead is located.
As you ascend you will pass through a closed vehicle gate with a open pedestrian walk through. Still ascending you arrive at two sitting benches and a rather scary table bench, your not there yet.
Further ascending is required on a rather steep switch back path. At the top of the path you have Now arrived at the trailhead.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Also accessible from Parker road (sr 83) from just north of Franktown. Also marked as Hidden Mesa

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Just hiked this trail the other day for the first time. It was a great experience. Parking closer to the loop gives you the option of either going about 7 miles or just 2.5 making it very customizable. A definite must if you live just south of Denver.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

LOVE this loop. I find it has a little bit of everything. Up hill, straight shots, winding open space area, downhill fast runs, rocky terrain, soft dirt, shallow ruts, and even a great area for technical rock climbs (very easy though)... All wrapped up in a short 2.6 mile loop! Perfect place to go grab a few loops for a quick workout. I consider this my "home trail" when I don't have the drive in me to head further out of town.