Hewlett Gulch Trail

Hewlett Gulch Trail is a 7.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Bellvue, Colorado that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We really enjoyed this hike. Several creek crossings with well-placed boulders, great scenery, and a nice warm up and cool down with the easy portion of the trail from the trailhead. The loop portion is totally exposed, but is a great workout. I suggest going counterclockwise for a more gradual increase in elevation, but clockwise will get your heart pumping. I'd start early, if possible, especially on a warm day if doing the loop. And bring plenty of water for you and your dog.

Went out today for my first time with dogs. Trail well worn, mostly as a single track. Dogs allowed. And Mountain Bikers too. Several water crossings with rocks stratigically placed to help keep your feet dry.
Only went the two miles out and back, which excluded the loop, because of the warm temperatures and exposed trail due to the lack of trees; to keep my dogs safe. Brought plenty of water, but would recommend a very early morning hike if taking your dogs.
Will definitely return again.

The straight out and back section was enjoyable. If you are doing the loop at the end, I suggest you bring lots of water. The whole loop is exposed with no shade, no water and a pretty decent incline no matter which direction you pick. We chose counterclockwise and I think it was a more gradual incline. The clockwise direction starts out with a much steeper incline, loose rocks and lots of switch backs. I'd do this hike again but on a very cool day.

We love this trail. Typically we go on off days because it can get super crowded and people don't control their dogs well, but the trail is really nice!

beautiful trail with lots of wildflowers and water. expect to cross the creek several times! watch our for snakes, saw two on my way up and around. would definitely do again. The whole loop took close to 5hours including several breaks

This has a good mix of length, water and elevation for friends who come out and want to do something harder then Gateway but not ready for a Greyrock. I personally really enjoy this trail for its change of pace and rewarding top views. The dogs are able to drink up so saves us the water!

Great to do with dogs, lots of places to cross the stream for them to cool off in!

This trail starts with a 2+ mile hike up a stick that is easily treated as a point to point. It has several stream crossings and is beautiful and well shaded. The lollipop stretch has a demanding incline and no shade. That said, it is a really good trail, not too crowded on week days (especially the lollipop portion) and dog friendly.

Fun trail, would I do it again ehhh maybe not. Took the right fork which was probably for the good. Didn't like coming down all the switchbacks but in all great time.