Helen Hunt Falls Trail

Helen Hunt Falls Trail is a 0.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is well populated hiking location with a visitor's center open in the summer months. You can view the falls from the road so it's easy to bring children or those who may have trouble hiking. There is a steep hiking trail wraps along the creek to a look out point above the falls. Helen Hunt Falls named after Helen Hunt Jackson, author and social activist in the late 19th century marks the abrupt descent of Cheyenne Creek where North Cheyenne Canyon Rd merges with Gold Camp Rd. The hike takes you up beside the face of the falls, then back around to another creek and a promontory from which you can view the entire valley.

So many trails to pick from that all run into the main falls! My eldest son Lars in 2014 at 4 and 5 liked the activity/ information center and Trail maps freely given. Putting our shoes in The waterfalls were his favorite almost as much as lunch on top by the spring! Mt.Cuttler, Burton 3 mile trails, great for families!

We enjoy this hike a lot with our son who’s now 5 years old! Beautiful views and relaxing...

Fun hike, not too hard. My dog loved it. Absolutely gorgeous.

We definitely did not follow the stairs and our adventure was much funnier that way. We ended up going completely through the creek and taking trails through the trees but the reward at the end was beautiful. Not an easy hike for us but maybe for the experienced hiker it is possibly. Will definitely hike it again.

Beautiful views. Good hike.

Hiked this back in April. It was beautiful, and an easy hike with plenty of places to stop and take in the beauty surrounding you.

Very touristy. Insane amount of traffic. The mountain itself is awesome and I would love to just go explore Take my advise and park at one of the pull offs and just start exploring.

love the trails

Quick easy trail!

We lugged a 50 pound six year old on our backs. Gravely in a lot of places. Dad slipped once with kiddo on back at a gravely stair on way down. Great intro for flat landers getting used to altitude. Total elevation gain is way more than the 6 feet listed!

not an amazing hike. but worth driving to to see the waterfall. definitely other amazing trails in the immediate area.

The water fall is beautiful and easily viewed from the parking lot. The hike up to look at basically nothing seemed like a waste of time. It is super busy and pretty much stairs the whole way. I've lived here for years and am acclimated to the altitude but the stairs had me huffing and puffing. Not sure I'd rank it as easy though it is short. I reccomend skipping the pointless stair climb to see nothing and stick around the falls and trails below next to the large rock faces and stream. It is beautiful.

Great atmosphere, beautiful scenery.

Amazing atmosphere and friendly hikers. Did t see any trash whatsoever on the trail which is outstanding. Great view of the city and right night mountains. 10/10 would hike again.

It's just an okay hike/trail - I mean the first 10 seconds into the trail you're already at the waterfall lol - after that it's about a 0.5 miles hike straight upwards a bunch of stairs to get to the top viewpoint (which I think is worth it but could be better). You minus well do the whole thing while you're there. Not great/not bad but a good way to end the day after completing two other trails before this one.

Tourist spot, not a good place for a secluded nature hike. But it's very short and there are plenty of ponderosa pines to smell. Plus, the views at the top are pretty nice.

short hike, lots of stairs but a beautiful view. I suggest not going on weekend when it's crowded. actually it's better to go to Cheyenne Cañon on weekdays rather than weekends. gorgeous place to visit.

Easy hike with a lot of stairs. Good for kids, but you may need to carry them some if they’re young. Great views from multiple points along the hike.

It was a very pretty and short hike. Lots of places to take pretty photos

lots of stairs but great views of the falls. Easy trail for families

Super easy hike. Lots of stairs, we came in January & the water fall was frozen. Looks like this hike would be better for the summer!

great view of the falls.

This was do-able for my husband and I and our 2 year son. We had a fairly easy hike up with him in a hiking kids backpack. Once we reached the top we let him run around and climb up little hill with small rocks. Coming down was a bit slippery so we went really slow. We would do it again!

Nice waterfall that’s really close to the parking area.

Stairs, stairs and more stairs.

Relatively short and very highly traveled. The big attraction is that it is just as neat as Helen Hunt Fall trail but FREE.

Under construction super short. Not worth getting out of the car.

nice easy trail with scenic views and waterfalls.

Usually pretty crowded on a weekend but still enjoyable. We bring all of our out-of-town guests to this spot because the falls are picturesque and it is an easy walk/hike. Would recommend arriving early because parking fills up.

You get a lot of bang for your buck on this hike. It's an excellent hike for beginners or complete novices. The parking lot is literally a few feet from the bottom of the main falls. From there hikers can choose to climb up the stone steps to the top of the main waterfall. This is the route outlined on the map.

From the top of the main waterfall, you have the option to hike to the upper falls (Silver Cascade). The trail is very clearly marked and beautifully maintained. There are several benches along the way for anyone new to hiking or just needing to catch their breath. The trail ends at the upper falls at a beautiful overview of the valley.

Like I said, not at all challenging, but certainly a great place to take people who may not be confident hikers.