Hanging Lake Trail

Hanging Lake Trail is a 2.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Glenwood Springs, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

cave

Hanging Lake is near Glenwood Springs, Colorado is a fascinating place to see, high in the mountains, at the end of a hike along Deadhorse Creek and through rocky canyons. Hanging Lake located near Glenwood Springs, Colorado. The trail is great for hiking and normally takes 2-4 hours. The trail is very steep with many large rocks/steps. A little work and you will find yourself at one of Colorado's most visited and beautiful short hikes!

Absolutely one of he most beautiful sights I've ever seen. My wife and I hiked this 6/24/17. we'll never forget it.
BE PREPARED THOUGH.
This is a little more than a moderate hike. We saw a lot of people under prepared. (ie) poor shoes, no water, no jacket. not in very good shape.
There is always one or 2 jack asses to spoil things. we saw 2 guys who stepped over the chains near the upper falls, and were fooling around above the falls of the lake. They were clearly out of bounds.

amazing

Awesome hike! Not too difficult, unless you are out of shape or not adjusted to the altitude. Very rocky and steep trail, but such a beautiful lake at the top. Arrive early, because it gets crowded. The first time my husband and I were out here there was no parking and we were driving through the area and did not get the chance to hike this trail. So glad we got to hike it this year.

Nice shortish hike, as other users have said, it's busy. But one of the "must-do's."

Nice trail, rode my bike to the trailhead from Glenwood Springs then hiked up to Hanging Lake. The lake was beautiful and so was the Canyon. The trail was heavily packed with people so be patient.

Great scenery. Beautiful. Can get very busy.

So much fun, but take this one slow if you are unaccustomed to the altitude!

Beautiful once you get to the top, but soooooooooo crowded. Not a relaxing peaceful hike, but a good experience . Once is enough..

Love this hike! I still shake my head when I see people in questionable footwear...its a steady climb over rocks, wear appropriate shoes. I arrived at 9:15 and got one of the last spots, but there were 7 open spots two hours later when I left (Tuesday, I guess). I did see girls with their legs hanging over the boardwalk and shoes touching the lake (I told them to move their feet, as they can ruin the ecosystem, it's on the signs! They did.) Lots of shade, waterfalls and great scenery, but it is a haul up, especially for people who aren't used to elevation or out of shape. I saw a number of people suffering on the way up.

Did this hike today with our 4 boys, 10, 7,7,&3. They loved it!! Especially the Spouting Rock! It's rocking but kids can totally do it! It was amazing!