Half Gentleman’s Loop

Half Gentleman’s Loop is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Buena Vista, Colorado that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

Nice hike and great camp sites. Nice bike trail too

Completed this hike 12/25/18, no snow, and easy hike. There are some ups/downs, but nothing crazy, not a lot of tree coverage, so I think winter is the best time to do this so you don't burn.

Like others mentioned, the hike listed on this site doesn't match the trail when you get there. I ended up doing the "bacon bits trail" which I thought was gentleman's half loop/lower doormans / this trail, but I really don't think it was any of these trails...I did about 6 miles total though.

Beautiful trail, and well worth the hike if you can be OK with not really knowing what you're hiking.

There is a nice map that you can take a picture of at the trail head along with a paper map, so once I saw that I felt very confident that I could handle this "unknown" hike.

Ended up seeing about 15 animal bones along the trail, and some deer. Would do this hike again!

Great hike with good views. I am very confident we were on the described trail and we measured about 6.5 miles. It wasn’t a hard hike.

ok, I clicked on directions and it took us to a trailhead but nowhere did it say Doorman's Delight Trail. We ended up hiking a trail listed as 6.2 miles called Gentleman's Half Loop which was not marked on the trail...at all and was less than 6 miles. The trail is great though, easy rolling terrain. Not much tree cover but a few shady spots. Popular with mountain bikers.

Saturday, December 30, 2017