Grizzly Creek Trail is a 7.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Glenwood Springs, Colorado that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 7.9 miles Elevation Gain: 1,847 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Great trail and GORGEOUS views! A little steep and narrow at times

Beautiful easy hike!

This trail was spectacular! The creek is very impressive and there was an abundance of wildflowers and beautiful trees the entire way. The trail stays pretty close to the creek the entire time. I agree with others who say the first 3 miles are easy and the last mile is moderate-hard. This trail doesn’t really “end” at a viewpoint but there are fantastic views of the canyon the entire way up and back. We had our dog with us who also had a wonderful time! Lots of shade as well.

Just did this trail today. Took 4.5 hours to the end and back. Everyone who rated this trail hard based on the *totality* of the hike was absolutely correct. The incline gets more aggressive the last mile, in my best estimation - and in comparison to the graduated incline beforehand. So many beautiful columbine in bloom along with creeping mahonia, American Vetch, ballhead waterleaf, and several other spring wildflowers. For the last hour in, I kept asking if the view at the end was worth it. A resounding yes from this hiker.

Love this hike! This hike starts out really easy, so if you only go the first 2 miles you might not understand why this is rated as difficult. The second half of this hike is a pretty steady incline until the end. Gets those legs muscles pumping! That’s where the difficulty comes in! Lol but it is definitely a favorite with the water rushing by majority of the hike. Mostly shady, but there is some good sun in places. Family fav for sure!!!

Beautiful trail! Spring has sprung, aspens are bright green and wildflowers are blooming. The first half is relatively flat, alongside a creek and the second half has decent elevation game with the last quarter being steeper. There is tree cover for much of the trail. It’s worth it to hike to the end - beautiful waterfall with rock hopping upstream.

Such a beautiful trail! If you’re looking for a 4 mile out and back adventure, I’d say this trail is very moderate. After 2 miles however, the trail gets very steep and constant until you reach the mouth of the creek about 4 miles up the trail!

My husband and I hiked this trail for the first time today, and thought it was absolutely beautiful! The first couple of miles are very easy going and scenic with the creek to your left. After the first couple miles, the trail then gains elevation until you reach the end. It was challenging, but very scenic. The weather was perfect today, and flowers are beginning to bloom along the trail with the grass getting greener. Plenty of areas to rest in the shade.

Awesome trail!! We only hiked in about 2.5 miles one way, but this is a really nice hike. This trail is easy, and it was totally dry. I have no idea why this is listed as hard/difficult above?? It's neither. It's one of the easiest trails I've hiked. There is a little bit of an incline about 2 miles in or so, but still an easy grade. The trees were all leafing out so it was very green today. Lots of deciduous trees in this canyon, so this would be nice in the fall. The Creek had lots of water in it too. The trail follows the creek and it is never out of earshot anywhere. Most of the time it's right next to you. Lots of shade too, so that was nice as it was warm in the sun. Plenty of places to kick back by the creek and have snack or lunch. I'll be back for sure!!

This is a beautiful trail that follows Grizzly Creek up the valley. It took us right at two hours up and two hours down to do the whole trail. The second half gets more difficult with a significant amount of elevation gain. If you're not up for doing the entire trail, you're not really missing anything at the end.

4/10/20 trail was in great condition! little snow and mud a couple miles in.

Beautiful snowy hike today. Right along the river, the sounds of the river are so calming. We were fine with just our boots, I didn’t even bring my cat trax for my boots but they would’ve been nice. I probably would’ve like to have some trekking poles later in the hike when I started post holing. Seems like it would be wonderful in the summer

Nice trail. Ski pole were very helpful on the sections with snow.

icy

We only hiked 2 miles due to timing but it was a great hike! First 2 miles go right along the water, not too much elevation gain so relatively easy- again only did the first 2 miles. Can’t wait to do it in the summer or fall!

We went 1.75 up before turning around. This hike was extremely beautiful and we loved walking next to the water. The stream was crystal clear, weather perfect and the views spectacular. Perfection!

Incredible! Lots of incline. Beautiful water and falls aside the trail.

I went about 2.5 miles in from the trail head. The best scenery was in the first mile. After that the forest canopy gets thick and blocks views the farther you go. That is why i gave it a 3 star. The first 2.5 miles is easy to moderate. Not sure why they rate it as hard. Can’t speak for the portion farther in. I kind of got bored after a few miles. The Booth Canyon trail in Vail had much better views, though it was hard. Should have nice fall colors around 10/5

Nice trail. Only went 2 miles up but would consider this a moderate trail. Unless it gets worse at the top

Great trail. I would say it is more to the moderate level on a normal day. Today? With the full grown black bear on the trail facing me from 30 feet it gets a “extra hard” rating.

Pretty easy for first 2 miles. Some steep inclines and rocky parts. Mostly shaded. Started about 9:30 didn’t finish. Hiked about 5.5 miles and finished at 1:00, taking some nice breaks. Not crowded.

Great hike, just challenging enough for a great workout yet very doable. I recommend to go all the way to the end it’s about 10 miles. The river is the attraction but views of the canyon is great as well, plenty of scenery. Definitely will do it again.

Great hike. Followed river all the way up and clearly marked. Challenging at times, but not technically too advanced