Greyrock Trail

Greyrock Trail is a 7.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Laporte, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Fort Collins: Travel 17 miles west on Hwy 14 to the Greyrock Trailhead.

10 minutes ago

Great views, trial is a little harder to follow in a few spots right at the top

Trail gets slightly hard to follow towards the top

This was most definitely a hard trail, but worth the hike. The views were amazing! The only down side was there were a handful of large trees across the trail. The backpack didn't always want to fit underneath.

This was one of the best trails I have ever hiked. This is the hardest trail I have hiked. Elevation change is 2000' going and coming. The trail sign says it is 6 miles in length, but there is no way. After completion my god said I had walked 9 miles. This trail is very difficult, especially when you go all the way to the summit. I was cramping up before I got finished, so use caution not to over do it.

This is hard if you don't hike on a weekly basis. I have completed this trail a handful of times and each time it has challenged me in many ways. The wind can get very extreme & weather changes quickly as you get higher.

Great hike close to fort Collin. It's crowded, but a nice excuse to get out of town.

Great trail. A lot of ice fall coming off the rock. Micro spikes not required, but made the downhill nice

The hike was definitely a good hike. Good exercise! But if your goal is to see the lake at the end, DON'T GO. There is NO lake! I don't know why other reviewers haven't commented on this, but the lake at the top as of the end of February is dried up. You can tell where the lake was, but it's not there - perhaps it will fill up again in the summer? There was also a controlled burn in the area a year or two ago, so there are almost no trees left in the area. If you're looking for shade, it will be difficult to find!
Also, once you get to the top, it is extremely difficult to figure out where the actual trail is - there are very few trail markers.
We took the summit trail going up, then the meadows trail coming down. Meadows trail was pretty easy, but it is almost twice as long as the summit trail, so just be aware that it will take longer. Round trip this took us about 6 hours to complete.

Beautiful hike! Took about 6 hrs start to finish 10.5 miles. We went up gray rock trail and down the meadows trail.

One of my favorites. Getting to the top makes the hike worth it. Awesome view.