Gregory Canyon, Range View and Flagstaff Trail Loop

Gregory Canyon, Range View and Flagstaff Trail Loop is a 3.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Boulder, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.6 miles Elevation Gain: 1,197 feet Route Type: Loop

This trail is steep but generally well-shaded through the Flatirons. Single track trail except for brief old roadbed near top of Gregory Canyon Trail. There are rocky steps on both Flagstaff and Gregory Canyon portions of the trail. Open to dogs but closed to bikes. Note parking adjacent to the loop requires a fee unless vehicle registered in Boulder County. Offline map is recommended. Users have reported that it is easy to take a wrong turn on the trail.

Deep but well packed snow, very icy in spots.

The loop was actually 4 miles.

Great trail! I did get a bit confused but this was my first long hike by myself. The app was great at helping me keep on track. However I did get a bit lost finding my way back to Flagstaff Rd. Luckily I ran into an awesome older man named Erik that helped me find my way. I just had to cross the street. It was a great hike and I recommend it even for first timers.

Great trail, not too strenuous. Moderate is appropriate. Good mountain range views on the aptly named range view trail. Flagstaff trail crosses the road a lot, but still a very nice trail. It’s late October so there’s some snow, but nothing deep or impassable. Lot of snowmelt thus the mud at the bottom of the trail.

Beautiful trail with Mountain View’s and valley views. Was confused during some of the road crossings and switchbacks. Lots of tree cover. Some snow but not much!

nice trail, good condition and indication. duration: 2.30 hr

Fabulous view of the RM’s. Last third of hike crossed roads several times, not as fun as first part of hike. Loads of people on a pretty Saturday in September. No colors on this hike.

We had a very enjoyable time on this loop of three different trails. Arrived at 830am and parking was already getting busy but we managed to park on the road about 0.2 miles from the trailhead. Perfect weather made for some stunning views. Somehow we managed to go off trail once and ended up virtually mountain climbing until we realized that we must have gone astray. Double backed on ourselves and found where we went wrong (I guess we burned a few extra calories!) Very enjoyable and peaceful way to enjoy Sunday morning in Boulder!

Steep trail that was fun. A bit overgrown at the start. Amazing views!! Recommend

I would recommend getting a map and keeping it in you if your phone doesn’t have that access. It is very easy to go off trail or to go on another one that is not part of this particular loop. Shady and dog friendly. Some large rocks that are manageable. Also shady and some spots are have no shade so I would recommend sun protective gear.

I did this everyday pretty much everyday after my work throughout the summer.

Beautiful morning hike. Wildflowers and awesome views. Definitely an intermediate hike. I went clockwise and glad I did. The views are better on the Gregory Canyon side and they gave me plenty of reasons to stop and rest on the way up. Down Flagstaff was a challenge with big steps down, but manageable.