Lady Moon Trail

Lady Moon Trail is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Red Feather Lakes, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

Lady Moon Trail head is on the south side of Larimer County Road 74E near Red Feather Lakes. The trail offers meadow and mountain views as well as connecting Molly Lake and Elkhorn Creek Trails.

If you're looking for solidarity this is the trail, otherwise nothing spectacular.

Beautiful trail. So happy we went

The meadow was beautiful with the creek running through it. Be prepared to get your feet wet. There is a steady incline, but it's still doable wearing my toddler. Lots to see... forest, rocks walls, hills, meadow. We didn't go as far as the lake.

Rather than out and back, there is a nice loop option starting here. Hike lady moon trail for first mile gradual elevation gain then turn right(west) on granite ridge trail toward Molly Lake. Hike about 1.5 miles on granite ridge trail till you see an obvious, marked turnoff on the right. This trail(while not shown on the topo map) returns to the trailhead on opposite (north) side of the ridge, parallel to granite ridge trail.

This is a great little hike. Take the fork to Molly Lake. It's a small little lake that few people over night too. Beautiful rock formations, and an easy going trail.

Did a mid-winter trek making a loop out of this, Elkhorn Creek and Granite Ridge.

This was not a spectacular hike but my husband and I were just looking to get out for a few hours and the uncrowded trail was certainly pleasant. We did about 8 miles in total, and sections of the trail were not very well marked in comparison to the map at the trail head, but we didn't get lost so it must not have been too awful! I wouldn't go out of my way to do this hike again but if you're in the area I think it's worth it.

Easy meadow hike, only went half way because we thought we heard elk grunting ahead o us and its rutting season, didn't want to get in the way. Several cows grazing very near or on the trail. Not worth driving up from Denver for this hike unless you're already panning to be in Fort Collins.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Monday, August 22, 2016

Beautiful hike, lots of rocks to play on

Sunday, August 14, 2016

this trail is closed to all motor vehicles. foot traffic and horses only.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Monday, June 15, 2015

This is a really pretty area to hike. The trails run through meadows that are shared with grazing cattle (though I didn't run into any on my hike). I ventured around this trail on Sunday the 14th of June and it was VERY wet from the run off and recent rains. My feet got a little SOAKED - but it was a lovely adventure with plenty of green grass and wild flowers. Some of the trails were not marked well, but I believe this is mostly from over growth. Though some of the signs were not up??? It appears they are working on the area.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Short connecting trail for Granite Ridge, Molly Lake and Elkhorn Creek Trails. Most of the trail is through mountain meadows with views of the Baldies to the west.

New parking lot built in 2010. Larger crowds on the weekends.