Green Mountain Novice Loop

Green Mountain Novice Loop is a 6.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lakewood, Colorado that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Had a nice hike here today. We brought our dogs and luckily we had some cloud cover. It was about 6.6 miles from the car and back. The hike was great, lots of ups and downs and some good incline. My one complaint is that there is no tree cover. It is really just a wide open meadow and field. We were fortunate with the cloud cover today but I wouldn’t bring a dog back here during the summer months knowing how hot it gets, the rattlesnakes and the lack of any water or shade cover. Other than that we saw lots of runners and bikers. It was a good trail and I think we were lucky with the weather today!

I've really enjoyed this hike over the last couple of weeks. The weather has been wonderful. Only downside is that myself and my friend both slipped while hiking the last mile as a result of all the loose dirt and gravel.