Green Mountain Loop

Green Mountain Loop is a 6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Boulder, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A popular peak hike providing views of the Indian Peaks and Boulder Head up Bluebell trail to Gregory canyon trailhead (there is a fee to park here). From here either way is fun, but clockwise is a little harder. Travel up Gregory canyon to the cabin with outhouses. From there take the trail up the north ridge to the peak. Enjoy the views on a clear day and head down when ready. For an extra workout, go back on Bluebell, otherwise head down the baseline trail to the trailhead.

Amazing hike!! It gets a little chilly at certain points due to the wind but it has plenty of breathtaking views.

It was a great hike. We took amphitheater trail up and the Gregory canyon trail down which is in my personal opinion the hard way to do this loop; if you want to make an easier hike, do it opposite to what we did. Whichever way you choose, the scenery from up top is breath taking, take some snacks and enjoy a beautiful time up there.

Walked this first day in the area with my son - he and I both live much closer to sea level. Only got lost twice...Once we turned left on bluebell instead of right at top of Skijump; once coming down we turned on Long Canyon by mistake. Took us about 5 hours at a pretty leisurely pace. Nice views going up, but clouded up by the time we reached the summit around 4:00. Highly recommend!

Challenging hike with gorgeous views. Make sure to study the map to know the individual trail names making up the loop if you don't know the area.

I LOVE this trail. Today I started with the Amphitheater trail, like always. It seems to me to be a little more challenging than the Gregory Canyon assent, although it's tough too. This trail is a nice way to get a workout without altitude. A good bit of it is steep and rocky. There are great views all the way up, as well as from the top. Much of it is wooded, so it's not too bad in warm weather, although I suggest you start early anyway.