Green Mountain and Hayden Trail Loop

Green Mountain and Hayden Trail Loop is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lakewood, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice trail accessible by public transportation. When I went last night I watched a herd of elk grazing right off the trail in the sunset.

Ended up being 6 mi trail due to being poorly marked. Not to shabby otherwise though!

A great option for a runner that is new to trail running! I was hesitant to run this trail because of the previous snake warning, and though I didn't cross paths with one, I was warned when I got back to the parking lot that one was spotted on the near by Summit trail. Use caution and always stay aware!

I've been hiking this 4-6 times a week for the last 3 months. I also mtn bike all of GM. A few days ago, I encountered a very large rattlesnake on the single track part of the trail just before the tower. After striking at me once and thankfully missing me, I quickly backed up, but he slithered toward me and struck again and I again moved back, he advanced and struck again. I used a hiking pole to throw him well off the trail. It is best not to aggravate them with rocks, dogs, sticks, etc. if you can't get past or even if you can and you have some way to move them well off the trail, please do. Any aggressive poisonous snake is a dangerous snake. Be careful, especially with small children and dogs.

Not bad. Not great.

Hardly any mud left - a couple of spots but nothing tennis shoes couldn’t handle. Pretty low traffic at 10:00 on a weekday - picking up by the time we left. Easy hiking for our 25 lb pup.

The trail was just fine but, the description in the app was not accurate. I planned for a 3.2 mile loop, by myself, unaware that there are several loops. I ended up hiking over 6 miles and not knowing where I was. I wound up in a neighborhood and fortunately a woman headed out for her hike directed me back to the parking lot.

Easy. Nice