Gore Creek Trail

Gore Creek Trail is a 11.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Vail, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great half day hike. it took me exactly 5 hrs from TH to lake and back at a relatively fast pace. beautiful along the creek with a lot of diversity (woods, open fields, boulders...), Hike to the lake from the graveyard is steep but worthwhile. it took me 1 hr to reach the lake from the split.

This hike was absolutely gorgeous! I loved every second on it. The snow had melted and there many mini creeks to jump over as well as mud. The wildflowers were in full bloom and everything was green. The brush along the path is very abundant and when I hiked (early in the morning - I started at 7:30), everything was wet from either dew or the previous night's rain, so my pants got pretty soaked. I recommend wearing fast drying pants and bringing a change of socks. My pants dried, but my socks were soaked for most of the hike. The trail was very easy to follow and was definitely challenging at times, but the gorgeous views made it worth it! I highly recommend this hike!

What a wonderful trail ! Steep, various, massive ! And with wildlife all around the lake like mountain goats and marmots. what else ?