Gore Creek Trail

Gore Creek Trail is a 11.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Vail, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

5 minutes ago

Really an amazing trail, beautiful scenery, wildflowers... Many muddy spots though. Unfortunately we were not able to get to the lake, because approximately 70% up the trail there was a lot of snow, mud and fallen trees, and we had no snow boots. Would have to come back properly equipped.

incredible scenery and if you do this trail from the vail pass self guided tour, you have the luxury of all down hill except for a few spots. plus there are alot of parks to visit along the way.

Beautiful trail. Came across mountain goat about 1.5 miles in.

It was a beautiful hike. End of May and really muddy on a good portion of the trail. The river is gorgeous and completes the ambiance.

Spent the night at lake took us 5hrs to get there, moderately slow pace. In morning went up and over to deluge lake with another 5 hrs back to car. Wow.

I hiked this trail 9-16-16. The aspen were just starting to turn. The hike to Gore Lake was 6.5 miles each way and this was documented on two trackers. It didn't get steep until after the split for the lake and the pass, the last two miles. I wouldn't say it was difficult because there were some uphill sections followed by flatter sections and no boulder hopping. There were a few tricky stream crossings. Did not see any wildlife other than squirrels. Gore Lake was beautiful!

it was an amazing hike.

Great hike! Scenary is breathtaking!

Beautiful hike with tons of wildflowers, especially further into the hike. A little tough in one area with decent elevation gain, but so worth it for the views at the lake! We got an early start - at the TH around 6:30, and didn't see anyone until we got to the lake. Took just under 3 hours to get to the lake, and then about 2 hours back. Views are amazing and just get better and better the higher up you get. One of my favorite hikes I've done this summer.

My favorite trail in Vail. Took me 3 hours to get to the lake from the trailhead. Multiple stream crossings and beautiful scenery. Abundant wildlife throughout the entire trail. First part is tough, than gets deceivingly easy to the grave, its just a gradual uphill hike. After you leave the graves and start heading towards Gore Lake is when the real challenge starts, but don't give up because it is stunning. I stayed at the lake for a half hour before making my way back down; total was 5 hours round-trip so it turned out to be a perfect half day hike.

This was a lovely hike. We hit the trailhead around 2 and arrived at the lake around 7. We camped there and it was beautiful! Bajilons of Stars and woke up to cute little mountain goat. Decent amt of wild flowers. I would say this hike is definitely more than 12 miles..esp once you get the graveyard (4 miles in)..it definitely feels like it's more than 2 miles to the lake!!
Also, be sure to bring bug spray. Mosquitoes were out of control near the top and my bf had hundreds of bites.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

This is one of our favorite Trails. You have access pretty early in the season but can run into snow covered areas which could impede your hike. We were able to hike all the way to the graveyard and had a wonderful hike! Beautiful scenery and sounds of the creek accompany you the entire way.