Goose Creek Trail

Goose Creek Trail is a 7.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sedalia, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Bailey: From Bailey, drive east on Highway 285 to Pine Junction. Turn south (right) at Pine Junction on to Jefferson County Road 126 toward Pine and Buffalo Creek. Drive 21.8 miles on County Road 126. Turn south (right) on to Forest Service Road 211 that leads to Cheesman Reservoir. Travel 2 miles and turn west (right) at the sign pointing to Goose Creek. Drive 1.1 miles in a westerly direction until you reach a fork in the road. Bear left at the fork and stay on 211. From this fork drive 5.2 miles to a road intersection south of Molly Gulch Campground. Turn right and drive 4.7 miles to the Goose Creek Trailhead access road. Half way along this road you'll pass Goose Creek Campground. At the trailhead access sign turn north (right) and drive 1.3 miles to the trailhead parking.

Beautiful views, somewhat challenging hike. Hiked in early and set up camp near some old mining cabins. Spent the day exploring trails all around the area. Tons to explore!

Nice area to do some hiking/backpacking. Plenty of camping spots, some near the creek. Found secluded spots near the creek which you can find using my recorded track endpoint.

Packed in about 2 hours to find some more secluded campsites - totally worth it. We found a great site hidden between some tall boulders right near the creek, just past the mining shelters and "rock slide." The next day we hiked in the other direction from the shelters, toward the mining equipment, and ended up wishing we had gone that way to camp. There are incredible views with campsites, especially if you're willing to do some bouldering. This was my first backpacking trip and it was unforgettable. Slightly difficult for me even though I'm in decent shape - we adjusted my pack on the way out and it made a huge difference. Will definitely be back.

hard hills but amazing views. worth the effort entirely

had a great time with all my friends but pretty heavy traffic

Hiked June 19-20. Bunch of cool campsite off the trail during the first couple miles. The real beauty of this hike isn't until 6+ miles in. We chose to go down to refrigerator gulch and McCurdy trail. Tons of different trails and multiple loops so you can make it as long as you want. I would suggest doing more than just the goose creak trail if your going over night

(6/9/17-6/10/17) Two friends and I went up 4 miles with gear to camp on night 1 and then day hiked to refrigerator gulch and back to the car on day 2. Very warm at night and super hot during the day. It felt good in the shade. Plenty of water in the main Goose Creek. We went up Goose Creek to Refrigerator Gulch and the small streams coming down to Goose Creek from the east are not flowing very strongly. Rely on Goose Creek for water. If you have a warm weather sleeping bag, bring it. I slept on top of my down bag for most of the night.
Once you get on 211 (dirt road) from 126, it's a long and slow drive. It took us 40 minutes to hit the trailhead along the dirt road 211.
There are plenty of camping spots along the trail, most of which will probably be taken on the weekend.
The trailhead was very full on Saturday morning and many people parked along the road.

I took my GF here last season for her first hike in CO. Fun hike, plenty of great spots to set up camp.

My son and I did the 25 mile counterclockwise loop that starts at goose creek trail and trailhead , then to mccurdy trail, to lake park trail and finally Hoskins pass trail back to trail head. We hiked 19 the first day and 6 the second. Lots of climbing up and down and down and up. Strange to don3 big claims in a day and when you least expect them. Lovely water everywhere for our dog. Great varied terrain and rock features. Well marked trails. The amount of climbing was a serious challenge. We saw many people we did not expect to be able to make the climbs required for the loop. Saw lots of elk dropping and prints but no elk. Fellow hikers were numerous and nice. Refrigerator gulch looks like a great place to swim.

Very beautiful trail, with an awesome boulder park and some historic buildings along the way. We found a campsite about .5 mi into the trail, but it was so busy in the parking lot we figured it would be best to snag it and just dayhike from there. Fly fished some on the creek, good current with small (4 in) brook trout. Take lots of water as the trail hits the creek, then leaves it for some time before coming back around.

Beautiful scenery, and the trail is very well maintained. Will definitely be back!