Gold Creek Lake via FS 1150

Gold Creek Lake via FS 1150 is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Clark, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great hike for all, and especially for doggies, as the distance is moderate and there is plenty of water along the way! Our Apple watches had the distance closer to 6.2 miles RT.

Great hike. Agree that this is a moderate hike. Beautiful trail with one good and several minor falls along Gold Creek. Caught 25 brookies on second trip with dry flies. Parachute Adams worked well.

This is a beautiful trail worth the effort to get to the lake. The river and waterfall along the way are beautiful. However this is not an “easy” trail. Especially for visitors not used to Colorado’s elevations. There are switchbacks just before you reach the lake. I had my two sons: 8 and 10 with me. They had to stop for many breaks. We completed the out and back trail in 6 hours. I only saw 2 other children on this hike and we saw about 40-50 people on the trail on peak day - Saturday. Also we did see a black bear cross right in front of us on the way up! We tried to make noise but he just stared at us, so we did not linger we just jogged past him and continued on our way. He just stood there and watched us go by. He was maybe 10 yards from us. I did have snacks in a loksak opsak ( smell/bear proof bag) in my back pack thank goodness. Also after the log crossing make sure you turn right! There is a deceiving trail leading left but don’t go that way you’ll get lost.

This is not an easy trail - really I would rate it as moderate if you go all the way to the lKe. This trail was one of my favorites! The hike is mostly shaded and runs along the creek the whole time. About 1.25 miles up you get to a beautiful waterfall. Then moving on upwards to the lake and you cross a large fallen log across the creek and back again. Your reward is a beautiful lake at the end where the fish were hoping and lots were caught!

We took our kids. According to the app we used it was 6.6 Miles. We would do it again as the whole trail is beautiful. There is a log bridge that you cross!!

Great hike, take a right after crossing over the river via the log. 4 kids (6, 9, 11, 13) and myself all enjoyed it. Lots of skeeters at the lake so bring spray and long sleeves.