Gold Camp Road

Gold Camp Road is a 14.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

off road driving

Fun trip. A narrow and challenging drive worth the scenic views.

Awesome day with our awesome Aussie's with my awesome friend...

off road driving

The mapped portion of the trail is not for Hiking, narrow and ussually high amount of vehichle traffic on narrow and partial drop off roads. 4 stars for scenic hiking with little challenge, 1 star for Off-Roading.

Hiking:
If your looking to hike, around the climax elevation of the road is a pull off/parking area (Up against a rocky cliff side). To the south is a gated (against vehicles) road which used to be the original road that hikers can take up to the infamous 3rd tunnel, which is about a 30-40 minute trek at a leisurely stroll. Day hiking very scenic on that trail. Havent hiked past 3rd tunnel yet, but theres still a trail that continues to the left.

Off-Road:
Skip this! Not an offroad trail but more of a dirt mountain road. I used to take my 96 Eagle Talon on this road with no problems at all. The Hard difficulty is a joke, even for hiking.

Also if your driving the road at night, be mindful of possible cars parked in the 2 tunnels with their lights off. Also dont worry, that powder on their hood is probebly flower, not cocaine.

off road driving

When I went, I made the mistake of staying on Gold Camp road after I left the trail access parking lot. While the Gold Camp road is very scenic, it is defiantly not rated as 'hard' by any means. I went looking for some challenging off-roading but I got stuck behind a Prius. There were a few vehicles blocking the road that I believe is depicted in the preview. What I should have driven on is High Dr. That road starts at the trail access parking lot, and I'm super bummed that I missed it. Maybe next time I'm up in the Springs area I'll try it again.

-J

off road driving

This is not a hiking trail...you would get hit by a car or greeted by a mouth full of dirt if you tried to hike on this road. It's a beautiful drive though!!

off road driving

Great scenery but basically just a dirt road. Saw a mustang cruise all the way through. Views are amazing, fun trail.

Beautiful drive around the mountains!

great distance ride

Absolutely gorgeous drive and amazingly beautiful trails! I'll definitely be back!!!

off road driving

This isn't the place to take your Honda Civic, don't know how many cars I saw turning around midway while driving it earlier.

Great scenic drive. It is a highly corrugated dirt rode though so four wheel drive would be best for your car's health :)

Great scenic drive