Glenwood Canyon Trail

Glenwood Canyon Trail is a 15.9 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Glenwood Springs, Colorado that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 15.9 miles Elevation Gain: 708 feet Route Type: Point to Point

paved

Sat Sep 09 2017

Ride this path all the time. Watch out for the wet spot on the down hill section if riding a road bike and going fast. It swept out my back tire at 30mph and the road rash was brutal.

Wed Jun 28 2017

Tue Oct 13 2015

It was really really nice, I highly recommend this to anyone that is looking for a nice calm ride up the Colorado river.

Mon Sep 28 2015

Breath taking ride through the Canyon. Try a weekday ride to avoid the crowds. it was an east to moderate ride. few hills and paved all the way.

Sat Sep 27 2014

Rented a bike and rode this paved trail. Follows the river the entire way. Great bike ride!

Sun Oct 13 2013

Great bike ride even for novices! My son and I rode the 13 miles or so from Biar Ranch to downtown Glenwood Springs. We used Sunlight Ski and Bike Shop in town. They drove us to the starting point, and we rode back. We rented bikes and paid for the shuttle. I haven't been on a bike in years, so I was nervous that it was going to be too much. It was a lovely ride - nice and smooth for most of the ride. There were a few inclines that got us, and we ended up getting off our bikes and walking them up the hill. There are a few spots to stop for a picnic and to use the restroom along the way. Overall, it was a great trip! I was tired when we were done, but it was well worth it.

Sat Aug 11 2012

Very scenic trail. Trail is mostly paved and well maintained. Clean rest areas. Bike path can be busy, but still lots of fun.

Mon Sep 24 2018