Garner Creek Trail is a 11 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Moffat, Colorado that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is best used from June until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

It was a beautiful trail but about 3 miles in the trail became very muddy with trees down. We were unable to continue because of a very large tree that our horses could not get over and there was no clear way around it. I was disappointed because I had heard that there was a beautiful meadow with great views to see. It would be an excellent hiking trail but not so much for horses.

We went in November - gorgeous secluded trail with an amazing aspen grove and lovely creek.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Our three year old needed very little assistance (mostly crossing the bridges) the first 1/4 mile goes through private property so stick to the trail(and lock gates where posted) The trail winds through beautiful lush forest and follows a small creek (mostly run off I believe) I highly suggest it to anyone with kids. No biking! but horseback is allowed and would be so fun there.

Monday, June 12, 2017