Garden of the Gods Loop Trail

Garden of the Gods Loop Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

partially paved

This loop trail takes you on a walk around the main section of the formations that constitute the Garden of the Gods as most people experience it. Three primary trails connect to form a 4 mile loop: The Palmer Trail begins on the north side of the main parking area, heading west and then south. After a little more than a mile, a short 400 yard trail branches off to the Siamese Twins formation. Returning to the main trail, you'll cross the road and cut through the main park area's southern section on the Buckskin Charlie Trail. When this reaches the other side of the paved road loop, you'll cross again, this time heading for the Ute Trail, which eventually runs north to join with the Susan Breitag trail, and on back to the start point. If this sounds confusing, don't worry. The large formations in the center of the park are visible from all parts of the trail. Just keep circling them.

This trail has a good view of the entire landscape but it’s so plain that it doesn’t challenge me at all. I love it here when I need to walk with my baby boomer relatives or my lazy dog.

Fairly flat so not much of a workout but def pretty. Could be good for mom/dad and also Pam - no cliff faces. You see 14er pikes peak for much of it, set against the foreground of red rock formations

Garden of the Gods was not very impressive after doing a lot of hikes in AZ and Utah

First time there and it was beautiful. Flat, paved walk. Great for the family. Lots of people!

Very pretty rock formations. Flat walk/hike mostly on pavement.

If you are an avid hiker, this is not very exciting.

This trail gave me a tour of complete garden of the gods area. The landscape is so beautiful I can't explain in words.. Must do for everyone. Loved it.

Beautiful hikes. Pretty easy hiking with great views!

Pretty easy hike, paved mostly so great for littles. Awesome rock formations to check out too!

great relaxing paved trails. saw deer and rabbits. Some areas are off the paved bits and have stunning rock formations.

Fairly easy trails to follow. Lots of options to make it a longer hike. We took our two small dogs and they had a great time. Trails weren't crowded, but we did see other people out hiking or trail running. Better earlier in the morning for dogs. Not too many places to refill water so plan accordingly especially if bringing your dog. We did see warning signs for rattlesnakes but didn't see any snakes. There is a nice picnic area and restrooms about halfway along the hike at Pullout 13, Scotsman Picnic Area.

Awesome and stroller friendly!

Soooo beautiful! I had a great time.

Very easy hike. Not really for a workout, or you need to trail run it. We started out on this loop which takes you around the Garden of Gods, then halfway we cut through the inner circle which brings you closer to the rocks. Definitely worth creating your own paths of the different trails that take you around and through the Garden of Gods

One of my favorite places to go and walk around.

My first Family hike when my son and myself moved out there! Uncle Matt took us and we kept coming back... deer, bunnie's, great history, instruction available for climbing the rocks, paved and off road paths, and kissing camels.. I loved it, and my 4 yr old Lars learned to like exercise and make friends here.. it's best description is heaven..

Trail in a beautiful setting. There is a whole network of trails so it is almost impossible to follow the trail marked out here. someone mentioned that it was mostly paved. There are some paved trails here but this loop is all crushed gravel material (natural to the area). Doing the trail in the evening is beautiful because part of the rock formations are hit by the sun while the lower parts are not creating some stunning contrasts. There are several parking areas along the road loop which means you can pick up the trail at different points. This loop is actually a combination of several trails with different names. I found it helpful to take a picture of the map on the sign at the park and have it on my phone to help me navigate the system by the trails' different names.

Amazing walk with access to gardens and some great views of entire area!

My mom and I hiked this loop today in about 2 hours and 40 minutes comfortably with some stops and for pictures and water along the way. It was a great walk with wonderful views every step of the way!

Good trail with great views from all directions of the Garden’s rock formations. There are lots of other trails that cross this one, so having this app was very helpful in keeping us on track.

Gorgeous!

I walk this trail all the time . It is a easy walk , very beautiful take your camera . You never know what you will see there ,bear ,deer ect . . The veiws are worth the trip

Smaller and much more crowded than expected. All trails are paved unless you want to climb on the rocks.

Pretty low traffic on this trail. It ended up being about 4.5 miles. Some areas of the trail are poorly maintained. You will follow several trails so be sure to have some sort of map. There are lots of angles of the Garden of the Gods to take pictures or just observe. Overall it was a decent trail but I prefer a bit more of a challenge.

Very good for families with young kids. Parking can be brutal but you’ll find a spot

Absolutely stunning. This is definitely the best trail I’ve seen in America so far. This is good for any skill level hiker, and even children.

The views are beautiful and simply breathtaking! The trail is more of a walk and it’s super easy. You will be stopping a lot to take pictures. Take water -it was very hot when we went and I was badly sunburned. Downside there was a TON of people. More then I was expecting. Paths are narrow, so expect to be close to people and stopping a lot. Parking was packed and we waited in a very long line. We had dogs with and so did everyone else. Expect a lot of dogs if your taking your furry babies. Worth the views though!

Great Views, great place, but parking is a problem at times.

Alot of places to hike, really easy, but always bring water.

Gorgeous! Easy walking trails with stunning views!