Garden of the Gods Loop Trail

Garden of the Gods Loop Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This loop trail takes you on a walk around the main section of the formations that constitute the Garden of the Gods as most people experience it. Three primary trails connect to form a 4 mile loop: The Palmer Trail begins on the north side of the main parking area, heading west and then south. After a little more than a mile, a short 400 yard trail branches off to the Siamese Twins formation. Returning to the main trail, you'll cross the road and cut through the main park area's southern section on the Buckskin Charlie Trail. When this reaches the other side of the paved road loop, you'll cross again, this time heading for the Ute Trail, which eventually runs north to join with the Susan Breitag trail, and on back to the start point. If this sounds confusing, don't worry. The large formations in the center of the park are visible from all parts of the trail. Just keep circling them.

44 minutes ago

My mom and I hiked this loop today in about 2 hours and 40 minutes comfortably with some stops and for pictures and water along the way. It was a great walk with wonderful views every step of the way!

Good trail with great views from all directions of the Garden’s rock formations. There are lots of other trails that cross this one, so having this app was very helpful in keeping us on track.

Gorgeous!

I walk this trail all the time . It is a easy walk , very beautiful take your camera . You never know what you will see there ,bear ,deer ect . . The veiws are worth the trip

Smaller and much more crowded than expected. All trails are paved unless you want to climb on the rocks.

Pretty low traffic on this trail. It ended up being about 4.5 miles. Some areas of the trail are poorly maintained. You will follow several trails so be sure to have some sort of map. There are lots of angles of the Garden of the Gods to take pictures or just observe. Overall it was a decent trail but I prefer a bit more of a challenge.

Very good for families with young kids. Parking can be brutal but you’ll find a spot

Absolutely stunning. This is definitely the best trail I’ve seen in America so far. This is good for any skill level hiker, and even children.

The views are beautiful and simply breathtaking! The trail is more of a walk and it’s super easy. You will be stopping a lot to take pictures. Take water -it was very hot when we went and I was badly sunburned. Downside there was a TON of people. More then I was expecting. Paths are narrow, so expect to be close to people and stopping a lot. Parking was packed and we waited in a very long line. We had dogs with and so did everyone else. Expect a lot of dogs if your taking your furry babies. Worth the views though!

Great Views, great place, but parking is a problem at times.

Alot of places to hike, really easy, but always bring water.

Gorgeous! Easy walking trails with stunning views!

Nice easy trail. The area is beautiful. We even got to enjoy some light rock climbing.

The weather was perfect but the Park was really crowded.

I started from the north parking lot and went through the inside/middle area to get some quick shots of the formations, then went to the outside trail (non-paved one) to complete the loop. I included the Rocks and Vistas Garden Loop + Garden of the Gods Loop + Siamese Twins Loop within my hike. There wasn't many people on a Tuesday morning due to the high winds and snow so it was fairly empty. A great trail overall but definitely more of a touristy/nature style walk/hike instead of an actual hike. Also, on the outer loop where horses are used there is a lot of poop on the trails.

just getting into fitness and hiking and this is an amazing trail.

WARNING LOTS AND LOTS OF STAIRS

Absolutely amazing! So didn’t wanna come home! A must see. :)

It’s cool to be near the main rocks, but this trail is very crowded. Try another trail to get more solitude.

This is always our first stop when we are in town. Great easy hike.

Worth the visit but not exactly wilderness. Very crowded and noisy. Not a place to escape.

Easy and senic

Beautiful but populated.

One of my favorites! I'm new to Colorado so this was one of my first trails. This is a must if you've never been. I look forward to coming back here.

Easy walk with great views.

Easy walk. Very nice scenery. Great family stroll if you're not looking for anything demanding.

The views on this loop are spectacular. That said, I did not really enjoy my hike because it was so heavily crowded. The paved trail was cluttered with stroller traffic and the non paved places in the rocks were full enough that you had to weave through people. It was very difficult even finding parking because the main lot was full. (This was on a Monday around 2-3pm.) To me this is great for tourists- you can get some spectacular photos- but it wasn’t the nature escape I personally hoped for.

Loved every minute of it! We went close to sunset!

Beautiful hike and family friendly. Lots of mule deer unfortunately I didn't see any big horn sheep. Take water and snacks. Perfect for early morning trail run or sunset stroll.

good, beautiful and peaceful

Very pretty but not challenging. Cool to see mountain climbers too.