Ganley Mountain Via Guanella Pass Scenic Byway

Ganley Mountain Via Guanella Pass Scenic Byway is a 12.7 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Idaho Springs, Colorado that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for scenic driving and off road driving and is best used from April until November.

Point to Point

scenic driving

was not easy lol

Sunday, April 24, 2016

We drove this in the fall and were blown away. Absolutely breathtaking views!

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A wonderful drive on a beautiful day. Haven't been on the pass for a couple of years and is now paved. The drive provides wonderful views of Sawtooth and Mount Bierstadt. Pleasant hiking paths to try out. Perfect for your out of state family and friends to get a taste of Colorado's beauty. I recommend taking I-70 to Georgetown, over the pass to Grant, East on 285 (consider a stop at the Crossroads Pub and Grill in Pine), North on 73 at Conifer to Evergreen, and then either North (I-70) or East (Morrison) on 74. A great driving loop.

Friday, December 05, 2014

Sunday, August 04, 2013

After staying the night in Georgetown, I drove up Guanella Pass for a few hours in the morning before heading back to Idaho Springs. There were a bunch of pullouts along the way and some had quite a few people and others were completely empty. There is a mountain lake at Clear Lake that I stopped at and you have to hike down to. The lake is beautiful and quiet and there were only two other families in the area. The views of the mountains are wonderful and the lakes and creeks are crystal blue and serene. I didn't see any wildlife, but I bet if you take the trails instead of just staying on the road you will see tons of wildlife. One of my favorite stops!

scenic driving
Saturday, July 21, 2012

I drove this road from Grant to Georgetown on the morning of July 20. On the south end, by Grant, the road is still mostly gravel, not too bad, but definitely slow going in a couple of spots (I was driving a Chevy Malibu). I hadn't driven this road in a couple of years and was pleased to find that the northern 12-14 miles were now paved and very smooth! The pass was very busy with people taking pictures and hiking around. There are great scenic views of lakes, creeks, and mountains. We also saw some wildlife from the road.