Fourth of July Mine via Arapaho Pass Trail

Fourth of July Mine via Arapaho Pass Trail is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Nederland, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

The road to the trailhead is very rough, almost like a four wheel drive trail. The trail was well maintained and very nice, you do have to cross water though. The top was very windy, but so beautiful!

This trail was phenomenal! Waterfalls, wild flowers, open fields with breathtaking views, and rocky trails are what you'll find :)

Great hike! It was somewhat crowded on a Saturday and the parking is difficult. However, the views are incredible!

What a fabulous hike! The wild flowers and endless mountain views are the top features. There are also wonderful lakes, waterfalls, creeks, streams, and rock formations to enjoy. It's a rough road to get there but more than worth it.

This is one of my favorite trails. The views are breathtaking, and the wildflowers are beautiful.

By far my favorite hike I've done since moving to Colorado in October. Expect about a 20-30 min ride on a dirt road. Would be better to have 4 wheel drive but I did it in my car and was fine, and I wasn't the only one who did the drive with a car. Mountains, waterfalls, and wild flowers were all breath taking. Currently planning a camping trip on this trail. You reach the mine remains by taking Arapaho pass trail, it's right at the point where the trail heads toward Arapaho glacier trail.

This is my favorite trail I've been on!!Fields of wildflowers, waterfalls, and then ending at a pristine lake. The trail is a challenge, I was exhausted at the end. Would be a great place to hike in and camp near the lake. VERY IMPORTANT: Highly recommend only going in if you have a SUV/high clearance. We took our Honda Civic which felt like cheating death. The road to the trail is several miles and is full of very large rocks and holes.

Amazing!!! One of the most beautiful trails I've done so far! The wild flowers were so colorful and amazing... the mountains and waterfalls were write home worthy!! Recommend for sure! My friend and I decided this would be our new 4th of July tradition! Get there early because parking was bad...also be prepared for 4 mile dirt road drive in... wouldn't recommend a car. SUV or 4x4 is the better way to go.

Just went up 4th of July weekend and there was only one small patch of snow on the trail, but plenty surrounding it. As you go deeper on the trail, it gets more and more beautiful. Mountains, lake, lots of wildflowers and waterfalls... what more can you want?! I was glad I had plenty of water and a snack on this trail, especially because of the altitude.