Fourmile Falls Trail

Fourmile Falls Trail is a 6.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pagosa Springs, Colorado that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, camping, and horses. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful drive up Nice & cool temps even end July Lots changes scenery; creeks, finches, flowers everywhere, aspen grove, short ups & down, nice views mountains & 2 waterfalls. Four hrs w short breaks & 30 min lunch at falls

Fun but tough hike with the 4 and 8 year old

Great out and back hike. The falls are a little dry this time of the year but the forest and scenery was terrific. Family friendly hike imo.

Beautiful!!!

This was a beautiful hike. Only complaint was holy moley flies and so much dog and horse poop. I was happy to be rained on to get a break from the flies. There is a part when you get close to the falls where it looks like you could take the trail down or up. Go up, down goes nowhere.

Hiked to the falls on 7/10/2018. Second half of hike has an extraordinary variety of wildflowers including:
Cone flower, indian paintbrush, monk's hood, wild rose, fireweed, butter and egg, columbine (red and blue). Many more that I can't remember - my wife identifies them for me.
Also, tons of butterflies and a western tanager.
Very nice hike but steep in a few places.

Amazing hike really liked the meadows with flowers! It is worth getting close to falls.

good trail, some issues with blazing/trail marking towards the top. waterfall is sadly weak due to drought.

My husband and I did this trail today. We had a late start, about noon and finished by 4pm. We stopped a few times along the way to take photos and rest, it definitely changes in elevation a lot so your going up and down which can wear you out. Lots of rocks, so make sure to wear good grip shoes/ hiking boots. We brought a lunch and ate it up at the falls. So worth going up to the top, under the falls. It is super steep but so worth it. Loved the hike!!

Excllent trail, not too busy. Hiking time was 1:20 in and 1:15 out with 2 to teens, 2 40 somethings and two boxers. Great variety of views and terrain to see on the trail. Falls were throwing off mist as the breeze ebbed and flowed, it felt wonderful after climbing to the the top. . Remember to take the left at 3.15 miles in, otherwise you'll hike right past the falls.

We did the fourmile lake trail/Anderson trail for five days staying at fourmile lake for four nights starting June 10th. When we got back found out the trail was closed tuesday 12th. We had the lake to ourselves, very beautiful fourmile and upper lake. The trail was difficult with all our backpack supplies. 6.5 hours and 6.5 miles going up fourmile lake trail, and then 5 hours and 9.1 miles down Anderson trail.

The trail was closed due to extreme fire risk as of 6-12-18

Great hike it's really a 6 Mile hike according to my walking meter. Lots of rocks on the trail beautiful views. If you can't do the whole thing that's ok too cuz there are lots of places to stop and picnic. Mesquitos were bad we went on 6-11-82 take water and ab energy bar and wear good shoes for the walk.

Gorgeous backdrop of rocks looks almost surreal. The first waterfall is the nicer of the 2.

Beautiful hike with stunning views all the way to the second waterfalls. Highly recommend! Took me and my two sons (14 and 12) 3.5hrs to complete and we stopped and took a ton of pictures and ate snacks at the upper waterfall. Enjoy!

The road to the Fourmile Trailhead is closed right now. To get to the trailhead is a 5 mile 'hike' up the gravel road.

Having done this trail several times, I find this a great trail for me and my fellow flat landers. The views are great and the peaks are a great hike!

Our group of four ladies ages 60+ took on this trail today. We did not get to complete the whole thing. We weren’t even sure we went right way. We made our own trails and part of it because of the snow. We had a fabulous time though definitely a Moderate trail. Did not make it to falls. Had this whole trail to her self today. Ha ha! Roads up to there are definitely still snow-covered.

Great trail! We did this on New Years Day with our dogs. We made it out and back in around 4 hrs with stops and hanging at the frozen falls for a bit. Saw a lot more people than I expected. The scenery more than made up for it though. Very nice trailhead and maintained great. Highly recommended.

Hiked this trail with a group of friends in mid-October. A few too many hills to be rated easy, so moderate is a good rating. Beautiful scenery with fall colors, and the waterfall at the end is worth it.

Solid 4 star hike. Very pretty views along the way and a good mix of open space and forest. Lots of little hills going up and down. Until you get close to the falls, when it starts getting really steep. The way back was actually more work because there was more uphill that way so be prepared!

awesome scenic trail. easy hike to see the falls. Colorado back country at its finest!!!

It's definitely more than 5.5 miles. But it was a beautiful trail

Hiked this trail in late August and it was very nice. The trail head is labeled "Fourmile Stock Trail" but it is the waterfall trail. Beautiful views of steep peaks and walking thru meadows were great. As you approach the falls you can see a double fall cascading off the mountain. That is not the destination falls but it is accessible from the base of Fourmile falls. There is a small trail leading up a very steep slope just before you reach the end. There is a small carne off to the right of the main trail. Scramble up and across a steep ridge for a better look at the top of the double falls. Even if you don't do the last bit to see the double. The falls are tall, wispy and wonderful. Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Saturday, August 05, 2017

The weather was horrible but the views of the waterfall and meadows were beautiful. Temp got down to 50 so be prepared for rain and cool weather. The waterfall is a great place to picnic. We did an afternoon hike.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Pretty cool trail that offers some great views of cliffs and peaks above Pagosa Springs. There's a few hills that will get you winded if you don't stop. The road to the trailhead takes you about 30 minutes north of downtown up a well maintained county road.

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Very nice hike. There are flat, open areas. But also, some inclines/descents that got my heartrate going! A lot of horseflies when we went. Weren't really able to sit and enjoy an area or a picnic because of the flies. We did almost 6 miles round trip, and never got near the falls. But still a very lovely, enjoyable hike.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Bring lots of water. I drank almost 3L. We started later than I would have liked but we drove for several hours to get there. The falls at the end are worth it.